I want to know my partner's past and I don't mind sharing mine.. how do people feel about that? Why do people think that a partner SO is irrelevant?

I'm not asking to know every detail, but I want to know that my partner has nothing to hide. Even if they're embarrased about something, I want them to be able to share that. I don't mind even sharing embarrassing moments.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that past is past, if you're already in a relationship why what came before would matter? I wouldn't mind sharing anything, I have nothing to be ashamed of.

However, some people aren't just comfortable with their past, so sometimes it's wise not to keep asking if you see they're not really comfortable with it.

What Guys Said 2

• I honestly don't think our pasts are really that big of a deal. If I'm no longer with someone, there's obviously a reason for that. They are in the past, and I've moved on.

I'm not ashamed of my past, and if my SO is interested, and wants to ask, I would certainly tell her anything she wants to know. I just, personally, don't attach a great deal of significance to it. She may, though, and I don't have anything to hide.

• Nope. I follow a, strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to sexual pasts

• are you embarrassed? fear something? if you have nothing to be ashamed off then you shouldn't mind sharing your past

• Because it's the past and my past. And I dont want to hear a girl I am dating did threesomes but won't do them with me

What Girls Said 0