You meet someone with tons in common: What do you do?

Even the weird things. You are different in the non essential parts of life

Do you: Look to date-->+/- relationship
Or look to be friends ---> BFFs

You don't meet people too often who are somewhat attractive and have tons in common with?

• Friendship
  • Dating
  • Other
What is "Other"?

Most Helpful Girl

• wouldn't you want to date someone who's essentially the girl version of you? you guys can start out as friends, but i honestly don't think there's anything better then when you met someone who is into the same things you are, YES even the weird things. you can be yourself around them, and don't have to worry if they think you're weird. i think dating would be the way to go.

What Girls Said 8

• I can have everything in common with someone and not see them as a partner (if we have no chemistry), or we don't click in a romantic way.
    If we do, I would try to pursue something with that person.
    Especially, if I am at the time in my life where I want a significant other.

• Stace, could you please define "clicking" for me?

Maybe what I think is chemistry ain't it :/

• well id like to date them if they felt something towards me, but if it just doesn't click in the way i expected then it could be toned back down to good friends i guess.

• So you'd look to date first and take friendship as consolations

• in a way yeah, only if it doesn't work out well as more than that.

• I'd keep them as a friend, most probably. I want to date someone who's different from me. Obviously having some things in common is good, but I wouldn't want to have too many things in common with a partner. That would be boring.

• Wouldn't being different lead to clashes and fights?

• Only if we're too different when it comes to important things like morals. For instance, I couldn't be with someone who wants me to be a stay at home wife, or someone who's racist/sexist etc.
      I'm talking more about interests and such. We can learn about each other's interests and introduce each other to different types of experiences/people and so on.

• Chemistry is huge tho, if it's there then start dating them, if it isn't there then we will stay with friendship lol

• But lemme ask you, what is chemistry? Couldn't having effortless conversations be misconstrued especially if you have a lot in common

• What if you're wrong?

Do you think someone could get "chemistry" wrong

• Nope of you think u have great chemistry then u have great chemistry. There's no point in thinking about it soooooo deeply you might as well go with the flow.

• I would never think of being friend of a guy that has a lot common with me. I know I would end up getting attached.

• You can't fight it?

• No, is just stronger than me :p But I'm not talking of who attracts me, just the kind of person that I could fall for.

• I hear you. I'm getting really attracted to this girl, but my mind is a little confused. I don't know if I really like her or really "like like" her lol

• That is extremely rare. I almost never meet anybody with anything in common.

• I know right. So if you were too, what would you want to pursue

• That's why dating is hard :(

• Oh you too? My interests are unusual... it is like pulling teeth to meet people with things in common.

• I'd freak out.. no one can be like me

• Starting with friendship which will end with a very happy and healthy relationship.

What Guys Said 10

• Dating is kinda like looking for clothes that you actually like to wear and you actually like in terms of the way it looks on you.

I hate shopping for clothes. It's a fucking hassle.

So finding someone who has a lot in common is AMAZING because finally it's someone you're actually compatible with! Not much is more important than understanding each other. I'd never be able to date a girly party girl for example, as we have NOTHING in common.

I voted B).

• I said A. But I want to be friends and then if we have similar interests and get along and she's attractive to me, then I will try and date her.

• I'll start it with friendship. Date? I can even fall for the weirdest girl if she got the right guts.

• The story of my life and now my girlfriend and my kryptonite and the love of my life and... my EVERYTHING :D @soccerchick4eva

• Pass the dutchie pon the left hand side.

• I've only ever met a select few who enjoyed most of the tongs I do.

• Depends on the chemistry and attraction... but if it's there to a reasonable extent... dating.

• There aren't many people who have the same interests as me so when i find someone we have to be at least friends.

• I would say i would keep it to our frndship! But if we click then it will be a different scenerio!

• Spend time with them and see if you two can get along but it is mostly about attraction to see if you want to date them. If they have the same morals and beliefs it makes it even easier.