Guys/girls cheating?

Why do guys/girls cheat? If you stopped liking that person you should just break up with them not cheat..
Breaking up is much better than cheating

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally, have never cheated... and I always had a pretty black and white view about it till just recently. So here are my thoughts.

At a young age, I totally agree... If you don't like someone, get out, break up, move on... Don't spend your teenage/college years with a cheater or cheating. Really why waste the other person's time because quite frankly, things aren't all that complicated at that age.

It gets complicated once you're older, have been with someone for a long time, have children. For a long time, I still thought, just end the relationship then go have sex. However, I had a discussion with a friend of mine recently who explained to me the other side of the equation.

A lot of people just assume cheaters are the bad person in the relationship. In some cases, not all, sometimes the person doing the cheating was wrong for so long that they decided they had no choice. Consider a husband or wife, where their spouse hasn't touched them in a long time, but they have kids, or a mortgage together, things like that. They might feel trapped into staying, but really have done nothing wrong but pour their heart into the relationship only to get rejected. They might have tried and tried to fix it and the other decided to do nothing, even going to the extent of saying if you leave me, I'll make your life miserable. So, in cases like that, when someone feels they have no other option or if someone is suddenly kind to them after not having sex with their spouse in a long time, they might consider cheating.

So at 17, I say people cheat cause they're attracted to someone else, they like their bf/gf but they don't see a long term future so they figure what the heck, why not stay and have fun with someone else. Or the opportunity presents itself and they just decide to go for it so as to not have regrets. Doesn't make it right at all, but typically that's why teenagers do it.

What Guys Said 4

• Some people aren't just satisfied with just one girl/guy and want more. Some can do it for revenge, others to make someone get jealous somehow, others just think no one will find out, there are just so many reasons... but I agree that no reason justifies cheating.

• we are all mighty shellfish!

• I never cheated on any girl

• porque queremos culos nuevo nos gusta andar con varias y darle. l.

What Girls Said 4

• I can’t tell you for sure because I’m not that type of female, but my guess is that it’s all about EGO. Cheating = ego fuel. It’s either ego or just a lack of a moral compass/no value system where their own personal gratification is more important than other’s emotional wellbeing.

• I've never cheated but I'm guessing they probably enjoy the "company" of their bf/gf but they're also attracted to another person

• i have a friend that was dating this girl for about 3 years. but after the first year is when he would start to cheat. he told me its cuz he didn't like her anymore, so i would wonder why wouldn't he just break up with her. he told me its cuz every time he would go to he saw her getting sad and he just couldnt hurt her, but after i while he did it and she would beg him to come back and he would cuz he felt bad.

• Being the side chick is so much better than giving a fuck about cheating.