Should I propose to my girlfriend?

My girlfriend and I have been going out for almost 3 years and we are very serious about our relationship as well as very mature. We love each other deeply and more than anything- we really try. Anytime either one of us has a problem we talk it out. I think about her every day and see her all the time, but how do I know when it's the right time? We've talked a little about it with each other and both like the idea but are we ready? Should I propose to my girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Statistically, your relationship is likely to fail. High school sweethearts rarely make it. The problem becomes evident that you guys are gonna keep growing emotionally and mentally. It takes a lot of hard work to make sure that you all keep growing together than apart. If you guys have already thought long and hard about that and are willing to put in the work, then I wish you the best, but if not then sit down and think about this decision. It can change your whole life.

I do wish you the best in your relationship though.

What Girls Said 2

• That is your decision alone, to make. No stranger knows the intimate details or your relationship or what you have been through. Marriage is a huge committment and you need to see eachother at your worst, even when you don't like eachother and still be able to handle the bad times. Of your relationship hasn't faved challenges, how do you know how string you are? If in the middle of the bad you can still say "I don't want out, I am still in love with who you are", then you can handle marriage.

• You've got the communication part down, which is the most important part.

What Guys Said 1

• NOOOOOO you're still a kid!!!