She gave me her number. Was it an epic screw up to not call her especially if I'm going to see her in a few days?

If you ask for a number, and a girl gives it to you, but she isn't flirting, is she expecting a call?

I got a number from a girl - I'm interested, but I knew I would see her again within the week, so I felt like calling her would just come off as weird. I had no excuse to call her that I could think of (I was thinking I'd ask her out in person) and I'm not used to just calling to chat. I'm thinking of asking her out, but she hasn't given me any idea that she's interested - just that she's cool talking to me.

She gave me her number - I don't know if she knows I'm interested just by me going for the number, or if she just thinks its as friends (girls, if a guy asked you for your number, would you assume he was interested?)

I've flirted with her but I don't think she's picked up on it - or she's ignoring it - lol

Was it an epic screw up to not call her especially if I'm going to see her in a few days? If I WAS supposed to call, what excuse could I have used that wouldn't sound weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• That was a rhetorical question my friend... And it's not weird if you called her for no reason that's just awkward... And just a piece of advice my friend... Asking someone on a date through calls or texts is unmanly and ungentlemanly thing to do... You should ask her in person but not into a point where you're showing your full affection for her... Do it little by little until all things are great... God Bless...

• No, I just figured I'd say something like "Hey, I think you're cool, I'd like to grab some dinner with you."
      No proclamations of never ending love or asking her to have my babies or anything - lol

Yeah, it seems like phone call requests for dates are popular, but for me, in person seems better. More personal. I can see more and maybe get a better idea of what she's thinking.

Though asking girls out hasn't gone well, so what I think about things doesn't seem to work well. I'm really behind on dating knowledge and experience.

• just be yourself, be good and don't do anything that will make things awkward or weird... you don't need to imitate anyone on how to court or ask someone on a date... with your first paragraph answer it's too straightforward and no emotion at all... you should rather wait until your both at ease with each other before asking her out on a dinner your treat of course... show some fondness just a hint not a super romantic person... make her laugh also because sometimes it works and it will start a good to romantic conversation... just go with the flow and not make things in a hurry...

What Girls Said 1

• I'd assume you were interested if you asked for my number & for your excuse... Just say that you weren't sure if she was interested &/or you wanted to ask her out in person.

What Guys Said 3

• No... just be like I knew I'd see you and I'd rather things be more reasonable. That's it

• The last time a girl gave me her number (without me asking for it) was about 5 years ago. She was 23, and I was only 20. I loved that it was an older woman, even if it was only 3 years. She didn't know I was only 20, but gave it to me anyway... rumor has it, she just wanted sex because her boyfriend was in jail, and was just horny. She invited me to a bar, the very next night and I told her I was only 20, she became distant, and we to this day, don't speak. I'm 25

• That was a failure on your part.