How to deal with silent treatment?

My lover tends to ignore me through phone for a whole day sometimes when we disagree and argue. If its really bad its up to 3 days all because of something dumb. How can I deal with silent treatment?

Most Helpful Guy

• One would claim that's a cool-off period, another would claim that's emotional abuse.

You probably can't do anything other than just wait it out, or find someone who isn't being prissy?
    That's a completely different type of conflict resolution though. Even I prefer to sleep on quarrels because that clears my head.

• I asked what he was up to one afternoon and then he got on the defense asking me why I was asking:/ then he ignored me after that

• ... odd. I don't know enough about him to evaluate this behavior.

• He's usually honest but he joked about selling drugs that day and that's why he had been gone then asked how I felt about it if he had. When I said I'd work through it then he said he was just joking and that he wasn't. I said bs. then he was like really OK. Then I asked what he meant and he said nvm bye. He was going home from work and now he hasn't text back

What Guys Said 3

• I've had girls do this to me before , its tough when you can't even get them to speak to you

• That's an immature way and can easily be emotional abuse... having said this, one needs to admit when wrong or this can lead to hurt and breakuo

• Go do other shit. You have your time back.

What Girls Said 1

• this is the absolute worst. you'll get tierd of his shit eventually, and tell him how you feel, ignore him to! if he can do it to you, do it to him

• That's so hard for me to do:/ I really am in love with him. Been almost a year

• I know how you feel, been there, but if he really loved you he would talk to you and sort things out instead of being petty about it. but say something to him first, like it hurts you really bad, and make him feel really bad about it, if he doesn't budge or keeps doing I think we know what the best desition is..:(

• We were planning to get an apt together after college: (