Why do Latinas literally treat their men (boyfriends/husbands) like babies or children?

I'm currently in a relationship with a beautiful and very kind-hearted Latina woman from Mexico and while I do love her very much, she kinda treats me like a child.

As soon as she finishes cooking her food, she'll try to spoon feed me randomly out of no where. Don't get me wrong, it's a little cute and sweet every now and then but it does kinda make me feel uncomfortable when she does it too much.

Is that how a lot of Latinas are raised to treat their men?

Most Helpful Girl

• All comes down to upbringing, my moms side (Portuguese) women run everything men can grovel for affection & cater to the women my dads side of the family... women still run things but cater to the men & family like cook, clean, laundry guys & kids eat first women eat last & cleanup so it comes natural to act motherly in a way

• The funny thing is people keep on saying how Latino families are Matriarchal yet I'm friend's with a Latino, who's father is the one who controls everything around the house while the mom caters to every one in the house. My friend's father is the breadwinner of his family.

• Yeah the guys are normally hard working but the women always hold and control the money

• Yeah. My Latino friend's mother usually controls the money to spend it on food (to feed everyone in the house) and clothing (for him and his siblings).

What Girls Said 8

• We treat our men not like babies but as kings. We are taught from a young age to treat our brothers n father in this way. We show our love n care by puting everything on silver platter. In return, men fix cars, do pluming, n bring paycheck home lol. This new generation are not really following with this tradition. Our people say they become white, basically learning US culture. That teaches to be independent n want to be 50 n 50 with men. But for those who still follow with our culture, even we gotta work we manage to make you feel what u mean to us.

If your girl making you feel uncomfortable tell her. Like, baby i can feed myself, i should be feeding you, feed her n maybe she gets it. This is not something we really do, is just her, maybe she likes u that much.

• "My gf who happens to be a latina treats me like a child"
    "Why do Latinas treat their men like babies?"
    Eh, you're merely generalizing. Her being a Latina has nothing to do with it.

• I think it depends... I've never seen any of the women in my family baby their men. They cater but don't "baby" them. Lol. Maybe you should talk to your girlfriend about it. Let her know that it bothers you a little bit. It's better to be honest about it now. If you're not honest now, she'll just keep doing it because she thinks it's cute or something.. :P

• Yes most of us are raised like that lol not all though.. Bc of generation our grandparents came from in mexico My father and grandfather always want their wifes to cook clean and all that and the guys are supposed to work and make money its not very equal

• Oh okay. by the way, you look like a very beautiful woman judging by your profile picture (lol, I obviously still love my gf and and am still faithful to her but I'm just saying you look very beautiful).

• Okay. Thank you so much.

• It is kinda true... yes we grow up believing that we HAVE TO take care of all the members of the family , all we get used to it and then we love to take care of our husband and kids thats our family model.
    Obviusly there are exceptions , but for the majority it is like this. And sometimes we feed our boyfriends just to be playful and even a bit flirty but just like 2spoons no more, i mean not until the very end of your meal.

• I'm latina born and raised in central Mexico and no this is not cultural. Your lady is just extra attentive, maybe she just really likes you.

• My brother loves it.

• A lot of people in general do that food feeding thing, guys to, it's meant to be sexy or something...

• Yeah, I mean I appreciate the spoon feeding from her but when she does it too much, then it becomes uncomfortable for me to the point where I feel like I'm with a mother rather than a girlfriend/wife.

Again, it's very sweet of her but there should be some limits to that.

• Some people are just more like that. Like it know one white girl who always does it and constantly needs to cuddle and stuff. Some find it annoying, some find it sweet.
      But yea, it's not just Latinas, it just depends on the person.

What Guys Said 2

• I have a question, why are latinas so fuking amazing!

• No not really. They can be crazy sometimes though...

• My girlfriend or most Latinas that I've encountered aren't crazy, at least not anywhere near as much as the American media makes them out to be.

• Depends on what kind of insane you don't mind. I really doubt you'd mind a woman, who might secretly want to kill you (poisoning your food, stabbing you, etc.).

• I never had anyone in my life like that. Like I said, I've never had to deal with violent women. I have had to deal with girls that try to hurt me in a lot of other ways though.