Do white men get embarrassed by Christen white women or their white girlfriends wearing a hijab?

I'm Arabic, Christen,(WILL NEVER CONVERT TO MUSLIM), and married to a white man and I'm 42 years old & usually dress to impress, but recently i've been reading my Bible and read that God says women should dress modestly and wear a head scarf,(hijab), and I would like to begin wearing a hijab everyday, but my husband says he wasn't raised like that and it embarrasses him to be seen with me in public while I'm wearing one so he has ordered me not to wear it or leave, so I left. So please tell me the truth guys--

Most Helpful Guy

• u embarrass him for only head scarf that's strange and I don know who is the people that he feels embarrass from!! In the end u r his wife and he must be proud of u right?

I don know where do live I'm arabic man and live in arab country as u know arab social life too close and in general the husband act like protector for the wife and their personal life can be discuss between them only or some close relatives

Sorry for long comment but honestly if I have wife and she want wear head scarf it's up to her but IT WON'T EMBARASS ME AT ALL

U ask for the truth in the wrong place I think

Goodluck

• Thanks shukran :)

What Guys Said 4

• I think hijabs are a waste of time - and that can be said of all massive cults and obligatory doctrines, even if the cult has many followers..

That, and from a social perspective, in the western world, imagine a guy wearing a pink skirt.

img.shopsafe.com.au/.../...iesonline_com_au_sm.jpg

That's what it looks like if you're wearing a hijab in the Western world.

So, yes.

• If it was her choice, I wouldn't have any issue with it. Honestly they can look nice.

If she was talking about wearing a full burqa, THAT would draw objections from me.

• You're also supposed to avoid eating shellfish and wearing mixed fabrics, among a lot of other things.

• Because hijabs are a symbol of, for the 1st world at current, female oppression.

What Girls Said 2

• yes, i would think so. it makes her stick out in a bad way.

also, one does not convert to Muslim. one converts to Islam.

his behavior, his way of approaching this subject matter is repugnant. so perhaps you are better off without him anyways,

• Christians typically don't wear hijabs as far as I know? Maybe I'm wrong.