My christian boyfriend is talking to me about coming to church with him. Should I come?

I am a christian too but i don't come to church every Sunday like him. He is so devoted and he was once a leader until i came to his life which gave him so many conflicts that led him to be disliked in his church because he was not allowed to be in a relationship with someone who is not a leader like him. Last night we talked about going to church together. He asked me if i like to come to church with him to hear God's words but we're not going to the same church he used to go to because he doesn't want me to feel Disliked by people there because of what happened to us. He said he wants me to be closer with God and he also wants me to put the anger out from my heart. He is a very good person and he loves me so much and he said that it is just right that we put God in the center of our relationship. Honestly I am not a good person. I hate a lot of people and I quickly get mad at things and people and i am not afraid to tell them to their faces. I also dont like the people from his church because they don't like me and they want us break up so he could be a leader again. Thats why my boyfriend wants us to go to another church to avoid the conflict and continue to hear God's words. Honestly I want to change, not just for im but also for myself but i usually get discouraged by people especially the ones who judge me. Should i come with him or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• First you must ask yourself if you wanna go. If you do, go because of him and not because of the people. But if you're not willing to be a religious person, you must tell him. And about the people who dislike you, you just can't avoid it and if you decide to go with him you must have to deal with them, they're unfortunately judging you because of your beliefs and I think that what they're doing isn't exactly something that Christianity preaches.

I just hope his religion and his beliefs don't ruin your relationship. This would be pretty bad.

What Guys Said 5

• As I am from an Indian Traditional Familyt - Not Orthodox, I believe that there is something governing this universe. You may call it God, or Energy or Science - anything you believe in. Love and family relations depend on Respecting each other for their feeling, Trusting them and supporting them for any social or personal good things. This adds some flavors in our daily life and in return you get all these things in much larger quantity. This is the basic of enjoying happy life. Going to church or participation in any other religious or social functions with him and your family will help you this way and make you much happy. I do not see any reason for ignoring such activities just for nothing.

• Just ask him this question: "If you had to make a choice between Jesus or me, which would you take." He'll always say "Jesus" which means you'll never be #1 in his life. Unless you have that same level of devotion, your relationship is likely in for a very difficult time in the long run.

by the way, in anyone asks you "Have you found Jesus?" you answer "I didn't know he was lost!"

• I say move to Wisconsin where everyone worships Cheese-us, so there's no problem.

• I know. If he would ask me the same question i'd say the same. Jesus is always first. It is not about the religion. We both love him. We love each other also.

• go but don't wear underwear. Tell him just before it starts you don't have any on. Then try to get him to finger you during mass... now that is some church...

• Personally, I'd run away screaming. Religion creeps me the hell out.

• It is not about the religion

• Go with him. Can't hurt you.

What Girls Said 4

• Go only if you really want to. He said it will be a different church so the rude people who apparently dislike you shouldn't be there. I think you have to want to go though, if it's not something you really want then your heart won't be open to the message and that will defeat the whole purpose of going.

So, don't go just because it's what your boyfriend wants. You should take some time to figure out if going to church is what YOU really want to do. Don't worry about what others think. If you want to go to church and work on building a relationship with God, then you should go but if not, then don't.

• Honestly i want to be closer to God, i want to hear his messages and serve other people as well, i used to be in a choir before and i was in church most days of the week. But my problem now is that the people from his church are not what i expect people from a church were. They are very judgmental. They think i am a non christian just because i dont go to the same church they go to. The thing is i was a bit discouraged because of what they did to my boyfriend. They ignored him as if he was invisible because he chose to stay in a relationship with me, a non christian girl they say. Thats why he wants us to go to a different church, to start anew and to forget those people, he was never angry with them but i am. He wants me to take those anger away from my heart by being closer to Jesus. I am just a little bit hesitant to go to church again because people judge me without even knowing me.

• I understand. Sometimes the most judgmental people can be found in church. But a lot of good hearted people can be found there as well. Don't let the judgmental ones stop you from getting closer to God, they obviously don't embody the true Christian spirit if that's how they treated you. Who knows? Maybe the new church will be a lot better.

• Just go for him and because you believe in God. Forget the people who don't like you, just act like they aren't there unless they approach you in a kind manner. If you go and you still don't feel comfortable, then don't go anymore.

• If YOU want to change make sure you are doing it for YOU, nobody else. Never change for anyone else, if you want to go because YOU want to go then do it. Never do just because someone else wants or expects you to, do it because you wanna do it.

• It doesn't sound like you want to, so I would say no.