I am 22 and insanely attracted to a 16 year old girl and it is driving me crazy, help me?

She is also *very* attracted to me and we work together. I want to make a move so badly but I fear that her parents will flip out.

She is so beautiful I cannot even put into words how attracted I am to her, I get butterflies in my stomach and my heart feels like it is going to burst out of my chest whenever we talk to each other. The age of consent where I live is 16 so it is legal, but I fear more than anything how our parents would react.

This is the first time I have felt an emotional attraction this high before I feel so compelled to just grab her and start kissing her and telling her that I love her but the age block is holding me back.

Seeing her is like dangling the freshest, most refreshing glass of water on the planet in front of my face after being deprived of water for seven days in the desert, knowing that I cannot take a sip of it. It is absolute mind torture.

Most Helpful Girl

• The age of consent may be 16 but that does not mean you can have sex with her legally. There are still laws against adults having sex with minors. If she is 16 then she can have sex with other people that are 16 or 17 years old. Anyone 18 and up she still cannot have sex with. If you had sex with her it would still be considered statutory rape.

• Does this question involve sex?

• Well I am in America in a state that allows it. Laws differ by region and area.

• Section 151 of the Criminal Code of Canada makes it a crime to touch, for a sexual purpose, any person under the age of 16 years. Section 153 then goes on to prohibit the sexual touching of a person under 18 by a person in three circumstances: if he or she is in a "position of trust or authority" towards the youth, if the youth is in a "relationship of dependency" with him or her, or if the relationship is "exploitative". The term "position of trust or authority" is not defined in the Code but the courts have ruled that parents, teachers, and medical professionals hold a position of trust or authority towards youth they care for or teach. For determining whether or not a relationship is "exploitative", s. 153 (1.2) of the Code provides that a judge can consider how old the youth is, the difference in ages between the partners, how the relationship evolved, and the degree of control or influence that the older partner has over the youth.

I am exempt from all three overriding areas.

What Girls Said 11

• It could be that you're only attracted to her because you can't exactly get with her since there's such an age difference; it's like a forbidden fruit. But if you really really like her, hang out outside of work and meet her parents (but not under the impression that you're her boyfriend) and get them to like you. Once they see that you're a kind and responsible guy who won't purposely hurt their baby girl, they would eventually approve, especially since they want their child to be happy.

• Maybe you should meet girls your age. Then you won't be thinking about this child. Legalities aside, dating a high school girl will make you look like a true loser - social suicide.

• she's only 16 and you're 22 which means she's probably a lot less mature than you. young girls are often attracted to older guys because they're in the moment, and it's "cool" to them to be dating someone a few years older. don't do anything dumb or you could get into serious trouble. if her parents say no then it's no.

• You are a young girl yourself and I would bet my money if a 21 yo attractive guy flirted with you at work you would start blushing and get all giggly. Most girls I encounter 16-18 go ecstatic when a guy in his 20s gives them attention. This girl is no exception.

• Just because she would get giggly and excited doesn't mean that it's alright for him to be pursuing her. Any 15 or 16 year old would get excited that an older guy wanted to get with them. I doubt many would pass up on the chance to be with one. It's guys like you that would take advantage of that and go out with the girl despite the fact that she's too young.

• i might blush a little but if he started making sexual advances towards me i would probably scream and run away. there have been guys in their 20s who have flirted with me and i was honestly very creeped out every time. i'm not fucking stupid, not all girls are the same. just because they enjoy it in the moment it doesn't mean they wanna have your babies.

• That is gross. Don't do it.

• Why is it gross? I am not 50 I am 22. It is perfectly acceptable for me to date an 18 year old but gross with someone a mere 2 years younger? Those are harsh words you are using and it hurts me.

• Yeah but it's also like a 30 yr old dating a 36 yr old...

• Age difference becomes different with age as maturity levels become the same. But a 16 year old and a 22 year old are on two different levels maturity wise.

• you should be very careful about this. You are 22 an grown man she is a 16 year old girl that's still in high school. She hasn't even graduated yet. yes 16 is the consent age but most 16 year old don't have enough sense or experience in the real world. if you really like her and just don't want a fling you can wait till she's of legal age. and about the parents put yourself in their position. you have a sixteen year old child and a grown man is trying to have her. is he a sick man who prays on teenagers. or does he really have feelings not just lust for her. they might actually accept the idea for you to date their daughter. i was in this girl's position and the guy just wanted one thing. don't be the reason for her to go into depression and being called a slut for the last years of school. you should wait till she's 18. then it don't matter what anyone thinks even her parents.

• it's a legal if a guy that's 22 dates a 16 year old girl Im 24 and I remmber this guy on the game website playStation network who was 17 said he wanted to date and I kept saying and he wouldn't listin and he get sad about it and I tried telling him that's a legal but he said he didn't know if it was and a 14 year old guy also tried to ask me out on that game and I told him that that's a legal

• If she's legal, just make sure her parents approve. But really think about this... she still has underdeveloped ways of thinking. You know what you want. She might think she does.

• And that is ok by me. I have additional years of experience and can guide her in the right direction in life so she can be successful. She would be safer with me than she would be with a careless 17 yo boy who does not consider the consequences of his actions and is more prone to foolishness. I understand risks of sexual activity, substance abuse, slacking off, etc. and will point her in the right direction.

• I appreciate your kind words.

• Just wait two years.

• Well, young men are immature AF. They're all little boys, so the age gap doesn't mean nothing; if she's a fully developed young woman. I'd say your maturity's more than likely on the same level, lol.

• Oh my god this is so me right now!!! HoHopefully I'll ge some advice too...

• you wnna go to jail?

• it is legal where I live.

• that doesn't matter. a person can act a certain way but still be too young.

• love is no mater the age or gender in my opinion

What Guys Said 8

• One word ILLEGAl
    Two words STATUTORY RAPE
    Three words YOU ARE SELFISH

• If it's legal in your state, go for it.

• It don't bother you that she's still a kid?

• 16? Eh... I'd say that's the absolute youngest I would go.

Anyway, just step up and go out with her. Her parents might care but oh well, what can they do? Kick her out?(I guess they could.)

Anyway, good luck.

• No, just no.

• You should wait more years... It's not worth it to risk it all now. You need to have patience.

• What's the problem. Smash it!

• I have dated a 16 year old at the age of 20.