If polygamy was acceptable what percentage of men would be single?

I'd say about 80%.
I have a strong feeling that most women would try and go for the top 5% of good looking men - some of these men will prefer to have one good partner, and many others will go with "the more the merrier". The rest of the women will settle for the next 15% of men. The remaining 80% of men - too bad, it's survival of the fittest!
This is just hypothetical situation and that's my take on it.

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont think most women would want to share either, there would be too much jealousy and hurt feelings about 1 partner not being good enough/not loving her and only her like she does to him. i think the same would happen with polyandry, most men wouldn't want to compete within the relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• Considering it's viewed and loved by many on TV already I think if someone wanted to do they would. But do they do it for religious belief or just to have lots of wives? Also, does your question refer to women having lots of husbands as well?

I don't think things would change very much except more closet polygamist family would out.

• I don't think most women would be willing to share, so I don't think it would have much of an effect.

What Guys Said 6

• You don't think very highly of women, do you?

• Why respond if you can't answer the question?

• Going ad hominem just makes you look ridiculous. Everyone has a right to express their opinion, but I guess you think you represent the world. Try answering a simple question and you may earn yourself some credibility. Adios.

• I'm expressing my opinion as well. This site isn't just for people to agree with each other. Some people will disagree with you. Cruel world huh?

• I really don't know.

• I'd marry 9 chicks and go crazy

• I don't think so, most people aren't into sharing their partners.

• Are we talking about only polygyny being accepted or polyandry too?

• Most likely the same amount as now.