How can I tell whether he's interested?

I met this guy a couple of weeks ago whose friend is dating my friend. I gave him my # and he texted me but now we have fallen into the "I'll text you if you text me" quagmire meaning I don't hear from him unless I text him first. I asked him if he wanted to meet up and he asked me the next time we would all be getting together as in the group we hung out with the night he and I met. I told him I wasn't sure. Now we are back in the quagmire and I haven't heard from him in 4 or 5 days. I'm not sure if he's interested and scared for some reason or afraid to be honest about his disinterest because we have mutual friends

What Guys Said 1

• Just send him a kind text message and let it end with "big hugs, looking forward to seeing you".
    Sometimes one must push a little :-)

What Girls Said 1

• Not much to go on really... it's clear he doesn't want to meet up with you on your own, only in the group, which isn't a good sign.