Would you ask out someone out of your league? (Assuming u believe in leagues)?

Why? If u feel at the least physically she/he brings more to the relationship than u

Would u approach them or ask them out?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have league shstem but let's say if I have, I wouldn't approach him.

• Cool, so y no leagues tho

• Yea, for me it's like, i would want to be the best for
      Her

I kno looks may matter a little more for guys, but I've NVR understood y a girl will date a little nice ugly guy as opposed to the same type of guy but athletic /in shape or good looking

• Thanks for mh

What Girls Said 6

• I felt my boyfriend was out of my league and he almost "friendzoned" me but I still went for it and asked him out and I still have him two years later. It got worse when we first started dating, I felt inferior to him and felt like I couldn't possibly stay with someone when I felt so shit! Eventually, I got to know him, realised he had many flaws and I was more talented in certain things so my self worth grew and he became more human and less of a God, haa. I also felt better as he fell more and more in love with me.
    It kind of made me stop believing in leagues as no-one is perfect and people are good at different things.

People should ask people out even if they think they're not good enough for them, that's just insecurity talking. If the person isn't shallow, they'll give you the time of day and you may realise they're human just like you are. I made myself believe my boyfriend was perfect and was almost God status in my eyes but he would probably be far from that to others so it's all in our heads, leagues are purely subjective and it should never hold you back.

• That's sweet and I'm glad it's worked so well

And i see what your saying, i guess what my main problem is tho, not that I'll be rejected (I've had girls out of my league initiate with me), my problem is i usually ignore it if they're out of my league (although I'm flattered)

I can't see y they don't go for someone with more means or appeal ya kno, it's one of those too good to be tru things

• I don't believe in leagues, really, but I don't really like asking people out, it just makes me feel really awk.

• Ok, i understand that

Do u feel "leagues" is primarily a male entrapment of their own derision

• Well you should have responded, obviously even if they did believe in leagues, they must have thought you were in theirs, or they wouldn't have flirted, right?

• Tru, but it's not a fear of rejection that stopped me, it's a lack of understanding

Why didn't she just flirt with some other guy? Some taller, more handsome, better shape, more successful guy?

Is not like I'm the only cool guy, and every one else is a dick

• I used to avoid people out of my league because I felt like a scrawny rat in comparison and felt they deserved better but now idc, I'll ask out anyone I like. Tired of missed opportunities

I think once you get rid of the fear of rejection, it becomes easier to ask out someone you feel is physically superior to you

• I'm glad you've overcome that, and i really appreciate your comment tnx

• My advice would be , ask her! What do you have to loose? And what would you gain? You have to do cons and pros , but at the end;how are you going to know if she really is "out of your league" or not.

Personal experience: I liked this guy so much and I was so into him, he was nothing like the other guys I've dated , yet, I found his personality so intetesting that I developed a huge crush in that artistic soul... time went by and nothing happened, he never asked me out, we always talked and text but not even once he asked me out on a date... long story short ; I found by one of this friends that he didn't try with me bc he thought I was out of his league!!! And I felt so bad that because of that we never really tried.

Never let that to be an obstacle... you will not know unless you try! GL Xx

• But if he's thinking like i am, he's probably assuming you could find another artistic soul that's more successful or something

But i do appreciate your advice, n i understand what your saying

• Yeah but I wish he didn't think like that because I was truly into him!!! And there was no other ome that I wanted to get 2 know more than him, bc he is unique (now I have a bf and its long gone) but im pretty sure that If he wouldve tried... we wouldve make a hell of a couple! So what if the "better" one, the 'best choice' for her is you?
      Are you willing to take that risk of what if... ? You will never know until you try! So my advice: Go for it! I dont see whats to loose

• Nothings to lose, I'm just confused and crazy lol, i wish someone could put this in mathematical terms :P

I understand what ur saying, n i've asked out a girl i felt was out of my league b4, BUT i got the chance to kno her, so i thought she was sweet and i wanted to take the chance

But these r girls I don't know, approaching me, at that point there's only attraction to go off of

• I don't believe in leagues, but even if I did, I would. The worst that can happen is that he says no, and at least he will feel good about him self that day so even if I get rejected, I hopefully made someone happy.

• Well if you believe in leagues than most people wouldn't do it. It's how it is. If you think someone is too hot for you, why would you try? People who believe in leagues have confidence problems

Only players don't believe in them

• :D ! I'm always glad to prove I'm not a player, lol

But yea, I've had girls approach me or initiate, and i'd play it off, because i felt they were out of my league

But i nvr felt like i had confidence problems, most would say the opposite, but i find that really interesting that u say so if u would elaborate

What Guys Said 15

• Leagues DO exist and are mainly about money and origin.

I wouldn't ever ask out someone out of my league moneywise , one who has much more money than I have.

• Hell yea i would!!! Bro, if you see a woman as "Out of your league" you are placing her on a pedestal, and saying that you are not worthy of someone like that; that you are not deserving of someone like that. Most women... in fact, ALL women, want someone that will see and treat them as an equal; they want a PARTNER. They want someone who feels he deserves to be with them, not someone who is going to worship her or see her as more than what he is, or what she actually is. So yes i would ask someone out who is "out of my league" if i'm interested, because i deserve to be with her.

And all of the above, applies to women too, not just men. If you act like you are not deserving to be in their presence, you will end up losing them down the line, because they will begin to perceive you as someone who doesn't deserve their time and eventually go in search of someone who feels more "deserving" to be in their presence.

"Oh, your majesty, would you grace me with your presence and join me for dinner?"

• Ok, i see what you're saying, but I'm DEFINITELY NOT talking about all girls

Just a few, that approached ME, it's not that I'm worried about rejection either

But look at it from my perspective, i wouldn't "settle" and i do see myself as out of certain girls leagues

And the truth is for me, at the end of the day ages just another girl, and it's not my loss, if i leave her alone

• I like your mindset bro... But even then... you had THEM approach YOU. dude, you must be doing something right to catch their attention. Act like you deserve to be with them, and you'll have one helluva time with them. And they will too, because you are haha

Ain't it an amazing feeling when the women approach YOU? haha i love it!!

• Lol, i care about my appearance, and i like compliments lol

I asked the question cause a year back or so, i told this chick how beautiful i thought she was

We nvr talked b4 that but i see her last week and she's all really friendly, asking about me abs how I've been, last thing i expected from a girl i nvr really talked to, i was just going to leave it at hi

• i'd ask out someone out of my league, so we can exchange champions league stickers:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/XOIK9OGM350/hqdefault.jpg

• Oh please! There are no such thing as leagues in terms of physical attractiveness. Now being a billionaire in the 1% is a different story as it's very slim seeing one and even slimmer being one. Now I believe that "leagues" is a high school mentality that people need to outgrow as that makes them insecure and immature in my opinion. If you like the person just ask them. I would rather find out and ask than not ask and ask myself what it and doubt.

• At the end if the day, it's just another girl i can ask her out our not, there will be others

But y don't u think there are leagues, i mean, it may be shallow, but I'm confused when i see a pretty girl with n ugly dude, id def call that dating down

• Well I'll give it to you that the terms' being used loosely, but it's something that i feel is pretty common place

• That's true. True dat

• Yeah why not. Worst case scenario she says no, best case scenario I get a really hot girlfriend 😍

I've heard that hot girls might actually get asked out on dates less since most people asume they don't have a chance and will instead go for the less attractive girls. Not sure if it's true but if it is your odds with an attractive girl might be better provided that you're not completely ugly.

Also girls usually date guys who are lower than them in the looks department but higher in status.

So just because you are out of their league physically doesn't mean you are overall out of their leagues. To me leagues aren't just about attractiveness, they about the overall value of what you bring to the table. So an average looking rich dude may be physically out of the league of a model but because he has status , overall he is actually in her league.

• Yea, that's why i worded it such "... at the least physically"

• Leagues don't exist in my eyes. If they did, I'd feel like I'm on top of it, so yes.

• "Leagues" are a ridiculous concept that's all in your head.

Nobody is out of my league. If I meet someone and we hit it off, great. But we all have different tastes, and I bear no ill will to anyone I find attractive who doesn't find me attractive in return.

• Ok, why don't you believe in leagues, given the idea that it's saying ur partner brings more to the table... finacially, physically, or otherwise

• We each bring different things to the table. Every single person on this planet is better than you at something. If your partner is more knowledgeable or more successful in a certain area, that should be celebrated, as it allows you to raise yourself to a higher understanding. If I date a wealthier woman, I can learn financial information from her, and teach her about science or engineering in turn. Physically attractiveness is fairly arbitrary- we each find different things attractive, so I fail to see how that matters.

• I would... why not?

• There's no reason not too, just for some it's a little confusing, or doesn't make a lot of sense

• Only if they showed signs of being attracted to me. Even then probably not, I'm kinda a pussy lol. I've noticed that hotter girls tend to make fun of guys that ask them out.

• I'm not sure I believe in leagues. Thanks for asking this, though.

• I have before

• Yeah I most likely would

• Cool, y's that tho

• I'm picky and I figure if I truly like someone I'll ask and just see what happens

• Cool, I'm picky too, but i don't think she's that much more attractive than me, i already think I'm pretty damn attractive lol

• No, unfortunately.

• Most of my gfs are high league girls so nope doesn't stop me.

• What makes a "league"?

• Hmmm, it's defined by status n beauty

• Leagues are illusory for men at least. Pussies will be pussies. Men will be men.

• Jack black, with someone like... ... ... , damn! Lemme think, ... Jessica biel!!! Lol, yea, that, i would not understand