Can I date my brother's friend?

I have three older brothers who have all been quite overprotective while we were growing up. Now they are just overprotective when it comes to their friends. However, we are all really close and usually hang out together on the weekends so I've gotten to know their friends pretty well. They have this friend that is really good looking and he's a really sweet guy. We've always kind of flirted with each other but up until recently I was in a relationship and never really considered dating him. Since that relationship ended I've been hanging out with this guy and my brothers more often and the flirting has kind of intensified. My one brother told the guy he should take me out sometime to I guess get me back into the dating world but my other brother seems to have a problem with it. I understand why it would bother him but I can't seem to get this guy out of my head. I would never want to screw up my brothers friendship and I have thought of the consequences if we date and things end badly. We really haven't had too much alone time to talk about our feelings so I'm not really sure where he stands. We don't have each others phone numbers so we only see each other on the weekends when we both go out with my brothers. Since my one brother is ok with it he told us both that he would handle the other brother but I'm not sure if it is even a possibility to date this guy or not. What would you recommend doing if you were in this situation?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, at least you understand the reasons it could be a problem. The biggest would be messing up your brothers' friendship with this guy. The other would be having to run in to him and hear about him if things do not work out.

I am not a big fan of a girl asking a guy out. He should ask you out. Maybe the one brother could feel that out with the guy and see if he is interested.

That guy may be having fun flirting but not ready to risk p*ssing off his buddies if things do not work out with you. And honestly, most guys don't know right up front how they feel about you. They do know if they have a physical attraction to you, but as far as whether they are ready for a relationship, that takes time and dating. It may be too much pressure for him to try and date a friend's sister because, well, what if you have sex and then he decides that is as far as he wants to go. Or he decides that he doesn't want to date you anymore, he may worry that your brothers will be p*ssed. Maybe the one brother knows things about his friend that makes him feel this guy is not the best for you, who knows.

What Guys Said 1

• ouch.. three brothers that's tough! well if your bros are cool with it then I don't see why not. Give it a shot. What I would do is talk to the brother that seems to have a problem with it. Maybe if you pull him aside and tell him how much you really like him, he might respect that and be okay with it.

answer mine?... link

What Girls Said 0