How long do you wait after getting a girl's number to actually contact her?

Say it's Saturday night and you're in a bar. You meet a girl, don't get to really talk to her but you get her number before you go. What's your follow up? How long do you wait to contact her? Do you contact her at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really answering the question, but personally, I HATE it when guys wait X amount of time to contact me after I give them my number. Why can't he just text me already? I showed interest in him by giving him my number. The waiting game, in my opinion, is really freaking dumb.

I mean, I get it. I know why people do it. But it's not attractive to me. By two day's time, I'd have already assumed he'd lost interest in me, lost interest in him, myself, moved on, and not expect a text from him. And when I get a text from him after, like, 3 days, I think 'Oh, shit, you're still alive.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQNNcXEvk7I

What Guys Said 2

• For me it wouldn't be at a bar obviously but I'd say the next two days for sure, probably afternoon after I got the digits.

• I personally wait a few days. So If I get a number Saturday I'll call Tuesday or Wednesday

What Girls Said 1

• Text her the following day... why not, get to know her. It could be a possible good relationship. You never know until it happens :)