Why is it so hard for me to like a guy?

The last time i truly liked a guy was about 3 years ago. I have met many guys since but i am never that interested in them. I've met good looking guys, smart guys you name it and i just don't find myself excited about them at all.

Whyy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It happens, I think that if you are not in the right place you should be in, or you are looking for a different life or fulfilling dreams or maybe nothing else in life is stimulating you as in being exciting, then it's hard for your mind to feel anything for somebody.

That is my problem right now. for being attracted to girls anyways, that I have never had a real goal in life, and finally I know what I want to do, but there is nothing finalized yet. plus I feel like I have never 'lived', and felt excited about life. Like I'm trapped inside myself, whether it be nerves or whatever. I can still be attracted to a girl, as in the way she looks and all that, but liking them is a whole other story that involves socializing that I was never good at. Plus it's really hard to find someone who has similar interests as you, if you do not, socialize or go to places where people like you, or people with your interests may be.

plus sometimes when you really like someone and you can't get them, I think that you just become closed off a little bit, like nothing is as good as that was for me, whether they wanted it or knew you liked them or not.

I remember the last time I had a real crush was probably around 2006, and now she is getting married soon. and the guy seems like kind of an idiot, but I don't know, I don't really know her anymore anyways, and never really did, even though we worked together during our teens and stuff. I was always just shy and didn't speak to anyone much, and I couldn't relate to them anyways.

What Guys Said 2

• Well maybe the ones that you have met so far just suck. Sooner or later you will find your prince Albert. ;^)

• Because you haven't met with me yet...;)

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you just don't like dating or men in general, have you ever had thoughts about liking women or being interested?

• fear of intimacy, trust, vulnerability?

• I haven't deeply liked a guy since high school, but I'm guessing it's because my hormones were at their peak back then, but I could be wrong.