How would you answer if your girlfriends father asked "why should I let you date my daughter"?

So my girlfriend and I have been dating for 4 months now. I met her mom the first couple weeks but i haven't met her father. My girlfriend doesn't want me to yet but we finally decided that it was time. I gotta admit, im very nervous. I know that he's going to ask me questions and im prepared just not for the "why should i let you date my daughter question". how should i anwer that? note that my girlfriend is 15 and i am 17. i dont want to hear "ohh she's to young for you dude" and stuff like that. i really like her and i know that the law won't me on my side. I think that her father will use our age difference to his advantage. any advice?

thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• "The real question is why shouldn't you".

But really, that's a good question. I mean are you supposed to be cheesy and cliche about it, or assertive, or casual, or what? It seems like there's no completely right way to answer.

I don't know what your personality is like, but you have to communicate it how YOU would communicate it. Don't pretend to be something you're not.

I guess I'd recommend saying that you really care about her and you want to make her happy, and that she makes you happy, and that you'll support her, etc. Just phrase it in your own words... I mean, even if you continue on a monologue about it, that means you have a lot of reasons, and that means you really want to let him know that you want to date her and convince him to let you.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're stressing a bit too much. I think you've been watching a few too many tween movies. Shake his hand, say "Yes, sir,", "No, sir," and look him in the eye.

What Guys Said 2

• Be very respectful to him, address him as "sir" unless he says you don't have to, and if he asks why you should date his daughter, say something like "I genuinely love and care for your daughter, sir. I want to be the kind of guy she needs, the kind that you want for her. I want to be there for her when she needs me, I want to support her in all her goals and help her too in any way I can. I would never take advantage of her nor hurt her. I want to make her so happy that at night she'll lay in bed and think 'Wow, I can't believe this is real'."

And if you have to, say that you are abstinent and that you believe in waiting for marriage.

• Be confident but showcase humility. You'll be fine bro.