Why do some younger women like older men?

In social circles, i always find younger women paying interest in me. Which I can understand from a friendship viewpoint, or even for a fling, but it bemuses me when younger women want to be with me

Why would a younger woman want an older guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Older guys understand that a relationship is a two way thing better than younger guys and don't expect ridiculous levels of perfection just for their consideration. They don't ghost you as much and they don't play as many stupid games. Plus, they tend to know lots of cool things and have more developed personalities. I don't want to spend time with someone I can figure out in a few days. Older guys also tend to be established and either have kids or don't want them.

Obviously this isn't true of ALL guys of any age group, but I think you see where I'm going.

• Thank you for the comment, I think the connection is because you have a life wisdom that you can share, and that appeals. Plus, the game playing, if one ever indulged is way over by now, and you just want to live life

What Girls Said 8

• Depends on the girl and how old and how mature she is.

Possible reasons:
    1. She's looking for a sugar daddy. If she seems like a spoiled little high maintenance princess, and you look like you have money to spend on her, this might be the highest possibility.

2. She's looking for a stable man. If she seems quite mature and confident herself, a woman, no longer a girl, then this might be a likely possibility. She might be sick of all the immature jerks in her age, and she's looking for a guy who knows what he wants, has had experience, and doesn't do bullshit anymore. Although I'd have to say that there are lots of guys your age who still does tons of bullshit...

3. She's looking for a guy who is "kinda" like her father. If she is a daddy's girl, or has daddy issues, then she might want a guy who could pretty much be a father figure for her. This is not always the same as the sugar daddy, but could also include possibility #1. Just like how some guys look for a girl who is like their moms (cooks, etc like their moms), girls like these are looking for a guy to pamper and spoil them (not always with money, but they do want to be your own little princess.

• Hehe, great answer, thank you. I think I attract the second variety, for i would never needless spoil a woman, and I would never 'daddy' one either. Independence is such an attractive trait in a woman, so, I always support that

• Well... it depends how much older, if it's higher than 4 or 5 years for me then no... just for so many reasons really, but it's generally because males are more immature than females, we have to look after ourselves because of all the hungry men out there lol so we have to be a lot more mature to keep ourselves safe.

• I understand the viewpoints of those who do (see @TheDevilInside's opinion post), but I personally am baffled by those who are attracted to individuals who are much older than they. Personally involved, age gaps make me uncomfortable.

• Maturity and stability

• Pretty much what everybody else said. But i used to like older men because the guys a few years ago were immature, and i wanted the maturity and protection. And older people have more experiences... With everything.

• I can understand that, and you feel so complimented by the younger womans attention. But, you also feel a responsibility to her, in regards to not robbing her youth, when she could spend it with others who might provide a real future for her

• The same reasoning a younger guy would want to be with an older woman.

• When I was young, i always gravitated to older women

Mainly for they knew how to be women and everything that entails

• I was the same way when I was younger. I always preferred older women and wouldn't date anyone that was my age or younger. Now, however that I'm older I prefer younger women. So I guess our tastes and preferences change over time. I find more younger women prefer older men than they do younger or their same age also.

• It depends on how young or even how old they (women) are. For me I look for maturity and if they have their priorities in order, or at least trying to. I would be with someone younger or older than me, it just depends on the man. But my sister who is 21, she looks for older men for one purpose right now. She wants someone to take care of her so she can have fun and be irresponsible. I have talked to her about it and let her know that it is wrong to use people like that. But coming from her that is her main reason. But im sure there are many younger women that aren't like that, so its up to you to use your judgment. :-)

• I think many men do not mind that, in regards to being used for the pay off is the company of the younger woman. But, I have never brought into that, for, I like connections in life, rather than looks

• He's more mature in many ways and she feels like she can trust/depend on him.

What Guys Said 3

• Girls seek a man with qualities showing protection and security. This makes them almost always attracted to maturity, strong physical features, and money. (Mostly found in older men). It seems kinda shallow but is really not. All they want deep down is a man that will keep them safe

• i think its a phase in a growing up girls life where they associate their own maturity with the age of their partner.

• You are kidding right? They are looking for sugar daddies so they don't have to work.