Guys/girls what actions and behaviors in someone you liked scares you away?

after responding to another girls question on how to get a guy to stop liking her, she admited she actually wants to know in order to keep him interested in her. so, I got curious what actually scares guys/girls away.

for me, I'd say being rude/belittling, needy/clingy, pushy, bossy, constantly intoxicated, obsessed with money, too touchy feely early on, attached to his phone, etc..

Most Helpful Guy

• - Worships the state
    - Doesn't read
    - Criticizes refried beans in a non-politcally correct way
    - Doesn't like plays
    - Won't sit on the grass without a blanket

Just a few off the top of my head

What Guys Said 7

• being aggrsive towards me... :-/

• The ones that want you to let you know, how she is really independent and she don't need no man. SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!

They always seem to be the one who is the most needy, and the one that brings the most drama. Not that it's wrong to be needy, in my eyes, it's just that if you claim to not need me then I'm not going to ask, "Do you need help?". And they will get pissed off that you don't ask them if they need help, I just don't want to deal with that hypocrisy. Oh and I don't like hypocrites.

• Overly-friendly people who you just met coming up to you being all chummy and stuff.

• lol, I've never heard of friendliness being a turn off.

• @Kiwifun

No no no , it’s fine being friendly but don’t treat a stranger like a decade old friend that's all

• @Illusive_Man
      Yes, I understand, and if I ever have done this it was all playful and fun. Thought the other person was having fun too but I guess not. I thank you for this as for not looking like an ass in the future.

• Sarcasm, Being playfully mean, Pushing me away, Distant , Attached to cell phone

• awww, I'm sarcastic, but in a jokingly sort of way.

• I hate say this if i really like girl and she gets sarcastic with me
      i will become so emotional and cry about it i wish i knew why
      i react this way i should be able to handle things better

• maybe you're mother was too sarcastic with you growing up?

• She wants to scare someone away to get him interested? Did I fuckin read that right?

What "scares" me is when someone is afraid to sleep alone. Being needy, y'know?

• Bitchy women, or women who have a "holier than thou" attitude.

• sluts
    evil
    answerm ien

• what's the last thing supposed to say.

O'm not into being promiscuous but I don't look down on those who choose to be that way. so long as they don't hurt anyone in the process.

• @thewanderingme
      Lol you two don't hate eachother. I could tell the midunderstanding in this conversation.
      When you said "I'm" he then asked "it an evil slut" because he thought you were calling yourself that. Then he answered your question of what the third thing was, which was "answer mine". I do applaud how your witty rebuttle however.

• @longjacketanx haha, I see what you mean.. whoops! ;)

What Girls Said 5

• Indecisive inconsiderate rude/bad manners short tempered laziness

• If they show that they like me and come on super strong about it I'm usually like NOPE NOPE NOPE and cower away.

• Indecisive, Shallow, On his phone too much, Loud, Rude, Selfish, Distant, Gossips too much like I want a bf not a gf, Mean.

• Short fuse, insecurities about his looks or dick when it works just fine for me and I think he's sexy then thinks I lie.

• Jealous, clingy, rude, materialistic, sexist.
    Now, I like some guys who are like pretzels on the outside and a marsh mellow on the inside- its kinda cute when they are shy about their feelings so they get kinda "jerky" about it. (sorry my wording is a bit off but its the only way i can describe it) but I really dislike a guy who is a ignorant jerk inside and out.