My mother keeps telling me to break up with my boyfriend?

I'm 20 years old and I have been with my boyfriend for about 9 months now. I feel like this relationship can last a long time. We fight sometimes over communication issues and stupid things, but other than that, we are pretty good with each other for the most part and we always make up. we fight just like any other couple would fight,.
My mother, on the other hand, keeps telling me that I should break up with him, and that I don't have any attachments and that I'm too young. It's like that everytime she sees that I'm having a problem, and it's not even all the time. Her solution is to leave, without ever suggesting on communication and trusting your partner. It annoys me everytime she feels that she has to tell me to leave him everytime when I am happy being with him. Like I said, we fight like any other couple would do so, but we always talk it out and communicate. I don't know what I should do.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your mother should understand that you're grown enough to decide about it and deal with the consequences of your actions (good or bad). She's just trying to protect you from what she thinks that is bad, but she has to understand that this is your life and it's up to you to decide about it.

• I know she means well, but most of the time she is never reasonable or uses common sense. But you are right; it's my life, so I make my own decisions.

What Guys Said 1

• explain to your mother that your are happy

• It's not that easy to get through her head. She's like those "I'm too good for men, be independent" type of woman.

• but your an adult. you need to set your bounds

• Will do!

What Girls Said 1

• If you're 20, why does it say you're 25?

Everyone fights every once in a while. Some friction is inevitable. In our case for the first several years we were married the fights lasted for a few hours at a time and now days don't usually last more than a few minutes at a time. We've actually gotten better with time.

• The website must of changed my age when they found out I had another account here, and deleted the other one. It was originally 18 to 24.
      But I'm talking about as far as my mother constantly telling me to break up with my boyfriend. I know that fights will happen, and that it works itself out. I don't know what to do as far as my mother goes.

• You're an adult now. You can take what your mother says as being advice and not commandments from God.. Maybe good advice, maybe bad advice. You'll have to be the judge of that yourself. However if you're still living at home and if totally ignoring her advice will get you thrown out of the house before you're ready for that, be extra special nice to her. :-)

• True, true lol I'm just gunna have to be extra nice to her