Is it bad for a girl to prefer whisky?

If you were on a date with a girl, and she ordered whisky to drink, would you think anything of it? Would it give a bad impression?

One of my mom's friends heard that whisky is my drink of choice, and he warned me not to let any guys I date know that. I just don't see any reason to lie about it, unless there's a negative implication. But I only drink it because I enjoy the taste. I've never even gotten drunk off of it, I just sip it and appreciate the flavor. I don't see why that's bad.

• It's bad.
  • It's good.
  • I don't care.
Or maybe not on a date, but you just... Somehow find out she likes whisky the best.
Does anyone know why the guy acted like this was a bad thing? Though I'm glad to know most guys don't mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls I met in the South love whiskey.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

You don't even get drunk, so who cares?

• That's what I was thinking until I was told to hide it. I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying a flavor. It's funny to hear that Southern girls love it, though! In my area, almost no one drinks it.

• If somebody tells you to hide who you are, question that person and why they want you to hide it. If they can't give a good reason, then don't hide it.

In fact... question everything.

• Thanks for MH!

What Guys Said 8

• I do not like the smell of whiskey AT ALL but I don't really care what you drink, as long as you brush your teeth. It gives me super bad headaches. That being said the thought of her ordering what she wants and not some feminine bullshit drink doesn't bother me at all, order what you want.

• My preferred drink too, so It'd be a plus for a girl to be able to enjoy it with me.

• Also, even if I didn't like whisky, I wouldn't care if you did. I can't stand wine, but that doesn't mean I'll look down on a girl for liking it, that'd be immature and stupid.

• To me it don't matter. As long as she ain't a sloppy drinker

• I'd burst into tears, cancel my order of chicken tenders and leave abruptly.

• Yeah its bad- I would have to share mine :)
    Buy seriously it doesn't matter what a girl drinks

• I like whisky too.

It wouldn't bother me if you didn't like whisky. But, I would be a little impressed if you did.

• Canadian, bourbon, Irish or scotch?

• Scotch is preferred, and I like bourbon. I'm sorry to say I haven't had a chance to try Canadian or Irish, yet.

• Shocking.

Good Scotch is so expensive.

Irish is like a less peaty scotch, cleaner and better value.

Canadian is sort of like bourbon hut a little darker and not quite as sweet.

• It's pricey, but I make it last. Sounds like I'll have to try Irish next, then. Thanks for the descriptions!

• Hey I went on a few dates with Winston Churchill back in the day and it was a pleasant time and I see nothing wrong with whiskey.

What Girls Said 2

• I love whisky especially in the nightclub. Thats when i can shake my ass lol

• Whisky is the best. Irish preferably.