He's 39. I'm 24. Is it worth it?

First I would like to say I met him off a dating website and his age said 30. He never really corrected me. Well, once I made a joke that 30 was old but not that old and he stated he was 39 but I assumed he was joking. So I finally came across his license and was really shocked he was actually 39 turning 40 for real. I felt very different after that not only because of his age but the whole time thinking he was 30 living at home with his mom but he's almost 40 still at his moms. He doesn't look 40 at all and acts younger than 30 sometimes. I would say he plays around a little too much for his age. I like him but I'm afraid for the future. He has a great job but I dont see the stability. I don't know what to think? Should I give it a chance or let him go?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You have lots of better options waiting to meet you. He's getting old compared to you, already lied, doesn't have an adult lifestyle and is immature. He must be quite hot or charming for this to still be a question!

What Guys Said 5

• I say no, and let go! He lied about his age, living with mom is a huge red flag. His mom probably still takes care of him, by making meals and doing laundry. If you start dating a guy like this, he will expect you to make meals and do laundry, so be warned!

• It's worth it if you feel it's worth it.

• If he has a good job, and is willing to wait for sex until marriage, and is willing to get married soon, I say, go for it.

• It's a bad idea.

• I just think the age difference is too much to even consider the relationship

What Girls Said 2

• He has a good job and is still at moms? You sure? He is almost 40. If he acts too young thats a bad sign, he's already going to be 40. He shouldn't be acting too young that you question it, cause it sounds like it might bother you. Dont go for it.

• Where can I find one? Guys R Us?