How well does jealousy work?

Does making a guy jealous really make a guy realize how much he likes you? Would that work in order to get my ex back?

Most Helpful Guy

• DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT go down this road at all, what you should do is adress the reasons why you broke up from a logical and objective point of view and find the reasoning why you did break up. As for getting back together with them you can just keep it short and sweet let them know you wanna try to make it work again then after that the ball is in the guys course you're gonna have to let him make a choice if it works awsome if not then sorry bad luck and it happnes best just move on.

On a side note you should never use form beacuse if you ask yourself "would I like my ex to do this to me?" wich is a huge NO of course and you would not like him to use it on you, I am pretty sure you would feel manipulated if he did right?

What Guys Said 39

• If I broke up with a girl and saw her with some other guy especially soon after a breakup I'd just think "sucks for that guy... he's in for a horrible time" and not care. I'd especially get a laugh if I found out she was just using the guy to try and "get back at me" because it'd just reinforce why I would break up with her since she's using other people in an attempt to manipulate someone due to her bitterness.

• 1. It's an individual thing young lady :-)
    2. With some yes it works but I won't recommend it since probably even fewer will stick around once they have attained a comfort level of their ego being satiated a while later
    3. With those like me it's an instant put off, I'll just disappear leaving any chance of a reunion to the wind :-)

• most likely not relationships end for a reason, but don't worry you should be able to find someone to love just be yourself, anyways if it does work then fuck him he needs to make up his goddamn mind. wishing you the best of luck in future relationships!

sincerely, bandgeeks

• It depends. Normally, It just backfires one way or another. Most people don't like the feeling of being manipulated by another person. For me, it just makes me disinterested in a person who would try to play those kind of games. That would be the same with most of my guy friends.

• Jealousy is a horrible thing. It has no place in any relationship. I refuse to be jealous. If I have to worry about my SO being with another guy, then she can just go be with him and I will find someone else. If I was with someone that stated the jealousy shit, and after we had a talk she did not stop, I would break it off immediately. I just won't play that game

• i dont play that game. ill just find someone else or end up cheating and screwing you over and showing you what it feels like back eventually or one day. but yeah i used to date a chick and we would go clubbing and her friends didn't like me but she did and they tried to get her to talk to other guys to see what i would do and one day that ended badly because this guy she was dancing with that was a test of her friends and my jealousy to see if i cared well yeah i did because i knocked the guy out king hit when i was at the club and got tackled by security and she broke up with me because i didn't handle the situation very well. game well played.

• If a girl was trying to make me jealous by dating a new guy I would just get angry most likely. Then my opinion of the girl would change. For example I would start thinking this girl is using this guy to get me... do I really want this girl back... am I just a pawn in her game too etc.

• Not for me. I can't stand that game, and I will distance myself from you. That appears like you are deliberately wanting to hurt your ex.

• It doesn't work very well. I mean for a short time you'll mess with his mind but in the end he'll give up cause he'll think you're no longer interested in him. Honestly, I think being straightforward and telling him you still have feelings for him is the best way to go.

• That got to be the funniest sh*t i've ever heard , win guy back by making him jealous? ok look let me explain it to you , guys will like you to a degree... if you her really likes you and hang out with other guys he will still try to get you , but if it gets a little hard for him he will give up , heck that's what any guy would do , smiling and hugging other guys is acceptable if you're not in a realtioship but once it becomes a little more intimate with someone else your guy ( the one you like ) will simply ignore you.

• I never have resorted to using it as using it, would result in me having to use and burn someone else. So no. If I cannot deal with someone by being up front with them, I just don't bother. I just don't think it's a good idea to use trickery to get the affections of another.

• No, I can tell you right now, that attempting to make someone jealous does not work, it's been tried on me, and will actually just make you look desperate. My suggestion is, to focus on yourself for now, find out what you're interested in, he can't mean your life, not if he was able to walk away like that, find out what brought you together, don't try and recreate it, but try and reincarnate it as such, make it different but similar?

• Honestly shyguy has it right on the money. Making a guy jealous may work for a little while, but he'll quickly lose interest in you once he has you back. You have to address why you broke up with him, think of a way to fix it, and bring it up with the guy. I know that if a girl tries to make me jealous, I'll just wind up pissed off and either deleting her from all of my contacts or plot the various ways that I could destroy her reputation. So just don't do it.

• No, and that makes you shitty person for thinking about it.

• I've learned this the hard way, if you watch a movie, and you don't like the ending... You can't watch it again and have the ending be different. Just move on.

• No it would nit. That technique is doomed to failure. Always.

• Most times, we notice when you're "trying" to make us jealous. It can be really obvious. When we do think that, we think you're lame. I suggest just not giving him any attention, and he'll miss it

• First off, it's a terrible tactic. Sometimes it works, most times it just pisses us off. Secondly, ex's are ex's for a reason. Find someone new. You'll be happier for it in the long run.

• No that doesn't work. It would actually make me glad it was over. Why is he an ex? What happened? Depending on the severity you may never get him back. Did you cheat on him? If so just deal with it being over. They only way I could stay with a girl after she has cheated on me is if we have children together. That's it. A paternity test would be done on them and IF they are mine I would continue to live in the house so the kids wouldn't know, but we would STILL be done. Good luck

• All I can tell you is: Play the Game, and let the game play you.

You might get something out of it, but ultimately you'll lose.

How long you've broken up will tell you if you have any chance whatsoever... if it's been more than 3-4 months, don't waste your time.

• I honestly get pissed and cut off contact. There's this, if I can't have you mentality about it. But we can't just kill our exes so we stop seeing them completely hahaha

• If you are smiles with other guys, to a point. BUt if you go too far he will probably decide you are not worth the bother.

• No it just makes us angry. If you want a guy back, make friends with again, get a little closer, boom you're his girl again. It's just like a ladder lol

• No, it has the exact opposite affect. Makes guys think you just need a dude or need some dick at all times. I'd never get back with an ex if she did some shit like that

• depends on age.

• Sometimes it just pisses me off. other times I'm like okay, confirmation she has truly moved on, then move on. Other times I'm like fml

• Don't be so petty.

• Depends on how jealous u make him made and he will say f it and f u and leave and never come back around

• Hell yeah! If you dress super hot, talk to other guys. He'll be barking like a dog

• I got a feeling that girls do attempt to make me jealous; but I end up blacklisting them.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 2

• jealousy doesn't improve things, it usually worsens the situation LOL

• From personal experience jealousy has always got my ex back when I've wanted them back, i haven't ever gone to the extreme of using somebody though and letting them come across as my new "boyfriend" to make him jealous instead i showed him what he can longer have by taking hot pictures and spending extra time on myself and then making sure he see's the pictures or telling a mutual friends of ours that im seeing someone new and hope that it gets back to him and everytime I've done it they've always come running back:)