Going out with my ex is cheating on my girlfriend or not?

My ex left me for another guy but things didn't work and they broke up. Now she wants me to give her another chance I told her how she broke my heart in the past and also told her that I have a girlfriend now and how long it took for me to trust and love another girl.
She said she is sorry and doesn't want to be a home wrecker but she also said we can see each other and it doesn't hurt my current relationship with my girlfriend.

• Yes it is.
  • No it isn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it all depends on what you two are doing in my opinion.
    I see my ex and talk to her almost every day multiple times sometimes the girl I'm with knows I saw her and talk to her sometimes not and my ex's boyfriend are the same. At the beginning they found it a little bit weird that we hung out together but that was the reason we broke up in the first place we were only very very good friends who liked hanging out together but weren't attracted to one another.

The thing is I have a similar situation to yours. My ex broke up with me and completely destroyed me I finaly met somebody really nice and my ex decides to return. Well I told the girl I started dating that I still had feelings for my ex and that I didn't want to throw away what we started but at the same time I still wanted to find out what's going on with my ex. She said she understood and we're still dating. I saw my ex a couple of times and yes we even kissed and some other stuff and it was really really nice and great for both of us but I guess she still has the same kind of problems as she did when she dumped me because she's doing her back and forth act again. At the same time the great girl is turning out to be really really great because we have so much fun together and for once no drama.
    So my advice try talking with all parties openlly whatever you feel is what you feel nobody can say it's right or wrong it's just how you feel and if you openly talk about everything you can come to any kind of agreement with everbody that everybody is content with. Like some kind of mediaton or something.

Good luck to you.

What Girls Said 10

• I'd say yes, it is cheating. When you don't tell your current girlfriend that you meet with an ex, it's already bad but here, it's about giving yourselves another chance. If you want it, then brea up with your current girlfriend but don't go for both girl, it's just wrong.

• I would tell your girlfriend about it, if she's okay with you hanging out with her by all means go ahead. Don't let your ex girlfriend play mind games. Maybe she's mad that you moved on and her relationship with that other guy didn't work out.

• I think yes because if you don't tell your current gf then you are obviously trying to hide your ex, which is cheating AND lying, which are terrible things. Whether you guys do anything or not. But if you tell your current gf that your ex and you are just going to hang out as friends and you stick to just friends, then I think that's fine as long as you don't do anything.
    Then again, I wouldn't just be friends with your ex until you REALLY get over her and not just think you are. You guys broke up for a reason, just remember that. i honestly don't think she cares about being a home wrecker since she left you for another guy. But that's just my opinion 💁

• Of course it's cheating. I hope you break up with your current girlfriend, because you clearly don't deserve her if you even consider something like that.

• Ask your current GF.. Guarantee she will not approve.. Therefor yes its cheating..

• Dunt cheat... If ur not happy then u can go back to her by finishing ur current chapter

Old is gold...

• If you are going to see your ex because, maybe, you could have a new relation with her it is cheating.

• As soon as you're beside the ex without your current girlfriend knowing that you are, then automatically you're already cheating.

• Do you think yourcurrent girl would be okay with you hanging around your ex? Because I really, really doubt it. When people see their exes it's just fishy. Even if you don't do anything physically, and just went to go see her, I bet your girl would be pissed. Take it from someone who's bf cheated on them with his ex.

And your ex IS trying to be a homewrecker- why would you want a girl like that when you already have one?

• Obviously it is. What kind of question is this anyway.

What Guys Said 5

• So you are going to spend time with her seeing if it leads to anything? Yeah, that's cheating man. And your current girlfriend then becomes the back up plan (If this fails, she's still there). Why are getting back with an ex anyway? How many successful "got back with my ex" stories have you heard? Because I haven't heard many.

by the way, how long have you been with your current gf?

• I'm with my current for half a year and my ex left me 2yrs ago and yes it takes 1.5yrs for me to trust and love another girl.

• 6 months isn't too long. Are you happy so far?

• Yes because she wants you back and clearly wants to be a home wrecker, she just doesn't want to look like a bitch so she says she doesn't want to be one. This is the moment where you should've said: "Go fuck yourself". She left you for someone else and now comes back? No that's not how it works

• Will you tell your current girlfriend that you are going to see your ex?

• If the shoe was on the other foot how would you feel?

• Its cheatingggggg.. Leave one of these two girls..