Should I try to make it work with a soldier?

I'm surrounded by muscular cute military men at work so they are nothing new to me. I met a couple through my line of work. They also have a business and I use it all the time and see them all the time. They have a son that's in the military. His father has hinted at me dating him. I've met the guy and he is super cute and seems respectful and nice. Should I try to make it work?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be in the military. As you can see military guys are always getting a bad wrap and much less than they deserve, especially the good ones. You should try to make it work just like you would with any other guy you meet. So what if he is in the military? It's not like he's a bum. You don't even seem to know the guy yet so quit trying to work off of all the terrible assumptions you will hear about "EVERYONE" in the military. Personally I think that love is always worth the risk and I'm sure there are women regretting that they blew their chances with me just because I was in the military.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe. Consider though that soldiers must often transfer or work abroad for long periods. They live together on mission, so can be strongly influenced by peer pressure, both good and bad. Many can also suffer PTSD just like police officers, paramedics and others can who see trauma regularly.
    I'm not saying no, but just make sure you know what you're getting into for your future children.

• If you join the military too, that might be different.

What Girls Said 1

• Think hard about the emotional roller-coaster you want to put yourselves into. The constant worry every time he will get deported etc