Girls, how soon is too soon to receive flowers?

I met this girl at a party last year around November. We hit off great, but turns out she lived a ways away. Fast forward to January, she recently moved closer and wanted to get together. We have been seeing each other for about 3 weeks now. Is it too soon to send flowers to her work?

Woah, this got more responses than I thought it would. I am just going to wait and give them to her in person on Valentine's day! Thanks everyone!

Most Helpful Girl

• PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Just be sure she likes flowers and WHICH flowers she likes. (I like flowers. I kind of hate to receive them. But I definitely hate when guys give me roses. So guess what my bf gave me when he brought flowers...)

In my opinion, sending flowers is a huge thing, especially if you're unsure about it. There are many girls who doesn't like them, especially not in public spaces, so it could be an awkward moment (it's the same as receiving a gift in public and you hate it). Have you ever consider to give something else?

What Girls Said 24

• Flowers die after about a week. Chocolates are forever. :-)

• i don't think so... since you've known her for a few months now... maybe wait til v-day to be safe?

• I don't think so. But it may be better to wait until V-Day ;) Will you please answer mine (see my profile)? Thanks!

• I wouldn't to be honest. I would wait till after two months. Right now she knows you're really into her. Sometimes it can be too big of a message to get so soon for certain people. But if you send it at like month two when you both are comfortable as a couple, and not just excited to like each other and be dating like you are in the first few weeks, then it will be a very touching and romantic thing for her to be exited about in front of all her friends and show off that her guy is that into her. (: but either way I hope it sweeps her off her feet!!

• Yes too soon that'd wig me out majorly. Wait until you've gone out some and gotten to the point where you're talking about what you want from each other.

• mayb wait til vday cuz it'll really wow her... I don't know when its too soon or not cuz i've never been given flowers but ya i think it should be fine. :) make them her favorite flower tho in her favorite color. :)

• Depends on the girl. Personally I hate gifts of any kind, gift giving is one of my least liked love languages.
    Find out something that makes her feel special and do that, your gestures should be person specific, never generic.

• Send them! flowers are good for any occasion.

• I wouldn't want them sent to my job just incase things didn't work out. But Valentine's day in person would be much better 😊

• Definitely not that's absolutely will make her say "OHHHH" and that will absolutely make her feel special and loved by you wish my date give me one but I don't mind he is always cooking for me hehe. Goodluck mate 😊

• Its never too early to give flowers!!

• Nope not too soon :-)

• It depends on the flowers you choose. Don't go with roses its too soon but something simple that just says thinking of you.

• I don't like flowers as a gift soooo always.

• Wait to Valentine's, but still it isn't too soon. I would love that!

• Nope it's not to soon and that's so adorable 😍

• not really especally with v day coming up

• i agree with the other answerers, wait till Valentine's day :)

• No.. Sending flowers is never too soon. That's romantic..

• 2nd date if you really like her

• Maybe wait until Valentine's day..

• Never too soon for flowers, they show you care

• never too soon if she likes you back! go for it!

• Why don't made a potpourri? And chocolate. They can't wither and maybe you can give her as a Valentine present and says: "Flower can wither and die but I give you this as symbol of my everlasting love." Sorry if it's too cheesy.

What Guys Said 4

• Don´t send to her work just yet man.
    Ask her on a date or meet her.

Go to a flower shop with her and see what she likes, just go and smell flowers, First take her too coffee or tea then go stroll about and go to the flowershop, Now buy flowers for mom or grandma or someone, just cause you feel like it, the same way you would for her. A cute reason whatever is enough, Now make her help you choose and ask her all questions about what flowers she likes, but not like a 20 question thing, More like which is your favorite flower, and why. And colors she likes. and tell her yours. Make it a fun discussion and remember her answers.

So this is one ide, Other is too look up meanings of flowers and pick those that mean what you want, even if you just want to be sweet. And then hide them in a fun place and make her go look there. Or whatever you feel like is good. Also if she enjoys chocolate you can give her some fine dark chocolate, I mean like 70% and without a lot of shit in. Make sure you eat it with her and then go for the kiss, Chocolate Kiss!

• Send flowers with a personal note like, "I don't know if you like these kinds of flowers but I know you like flowers and I know I like you"
    Simple, charming and a little sweet.
    Seems to fit.

• these girls answers are all weird

• If you don't know how she will react, then error on the side of caution and don't do it. Despite the fact they say otherwise, most women will think it is a creepy and desperate move to send flowers after only three weeks of dating. Somethings that seems romantic in a woman's head, tends to freak them out in real life. Much like how women love the idea of a secret admire, then freak out about having a stalker, the moment she gets a note from a secret admire. A lot of guys even find themselves being accused of giving flowers out of quilt for cheating, if he appears more romantic than what the woman is use to in a relationship.