Are women actually simple and just seem complicated?

I have had women tell me that women seem complicated but they're really simple, probably more simple than men.

Do you think it is true that women seem complicated because they talk and behave in some sort of code that men don't understand, yet is very simple?

Do you think that men on the outside seem simple but what a man needs is really complicated compared to what a woman needs?

Our society make out like men are the ones that are clueless and can never just seem to understand women, but would you be willing to admit that women have a much harder time understanding men? It's okay we won't shame you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't get men either, so we're all in the same boat.

• I have suspected this for a long time.

What Girls Said 58

• ehm. no.

lol jokes, ok we actually aren't that complex, just as men aren't that simple. but the reason we may appear to be is simply because we need LOTS of time. you just need to make an effort to figure us out, and most men dont have the time for that. understandable, but that's the way it is i reckon.

• lol that sounds complicated

• It's not cool to take out your frustrations on random guys on the internet.

• u done talking yet or?

• We are all complicated. :-)

Men, like women, have feelings, but they tend to hide their feelings. Women, really do misread a lot of what a man says or does. I have a male friend who I have been hanging out with a lot lately, and he always is surprised by how I "get from point A to point B" about something when as he says, "it really wasn't that deep." We always laugh because I make things, according to him, more difficult or more complicated than it needs to be.

Being honest, I can now see what he means, and I think it is just socialization or possibly the way I think. I don't know. But, many woman are complicated because we have been trained to 'act one way' but desire another. This causes conflicts. We tend to not ask for what we really want, yet want a man to be a mind reader. Then get upset or disappointed when he doesn't do what we never asked for.

Also, as I hang out with my friend and his male friends, I have come to appreciate the gentleness and sincerity of them. These men are truly emotional, loving and want healthy relationships and are having a hard time finding it. They are caring and get their feelings hurt, yet won't admit it, but it comes out in the things they do. It's acutally refreshing and kinda cute. Men are so much more complicated than I imagined. But, it's really not complicted, it's that we have made assumptions about each gender that we created the division.

Hope this isn't too much for ya. :-)

• I feel that people who did not have an opposite sex sibling or opposite sex just friends have a hard time getting the opposite sex. It is nit because we are complex or men or comples, but we are just different in some ways. It is like learning a language. It takes practice and is way easier to learn they more you have been around it. I find I know soooooo much more about men then my friends who do not have a boy sibling or friend. They find men way more confusing than they are. Im like "really? just tell them you like them... all this discreat flirting they do not understand"

• lol discrete flirting is right on the money.

• It depends on the person, but I wouldn't say we're that complicated. I mean do we have emotions? Yes, but so do men. At least we seem to express them more. I never know what guys are thinking.

• It depends on the person and their baggage. Baggage = complication whether you're male or female.
    I honestly think men and women are the same in what they want, but it's the details that vary.
    Like girls appreciate flowers like guys appreciate sandwiches. Even though the items are different, they both represent a persons thoughtfulness towards their partner. Men and women want love and respect and understanding, but the details as in how it may be expressed will vary from person to person. We are all the same in regards to basic needs, the what and the when... it's the hows that are different.

• Yes. I think men don't have the interest or patience to work us out but when they do, they realise this and life's easier for them! My boyfriend has worked out things about me which makes me handle situations better with me. He's only worked it out because he's had the patience and the interest to listen and pay attention to my behaviour.
    Sometimes my boyfriend's actions baffles me and he does things that are renowned for men, but they're not overly complicated or troublesome. My view changes though, sometimes I think men are simple and women are complicated and then vice versa. I think that's because it depends on the person.

• I think both genders are simultaneously as complicated and simple as each other. Generalisations make it complicated, and since everyone ultimately does accept the generalisations (even if you say you don't, you do) it seems as though females (or males) are more complicated than males (or females). Everyone is individual, so... people should talk more to each other and find out.

• What makes women complicated is the fact that we think with our emotions & men think logically. We are programmed to think emotionally as the behaviour links to motherhood. Men are providers & hunters... So yes, I would say that due to the different roles we have in life, it does make things complicated between man & woman. Our brains are wired differently.

• I think how complicated someine seems has a lot to do with how much the person who wants to understand them is paying attention and not working strictly off of preconceived ideas about them.

I thinks the more you know yourself and the better you are at non biased listening , the less complicated people seem. Women or men.

On the other hands lol human beings are highly complex. Anyone who says they are simple likely has a low level of self awareness, or just doesn't feel like talking seriously about the matter and is just talking about the image of themselves theyd want to have. And to project.

I think a lot of guys get off on saying they are simple and feel superior saying women are complicated. When really if you want to understand a person you get to know them. And if you want someone to understand you you open up instead of pretending there's nothing to see.

I think a simple oersin diesnt try to understand anything snd wouldn't be bothered one way or the other to even ask the question. Or get upset about it. I've never heard anyone mrntion any kind of division of behavior between groups without it being emotionally charged with them being upset on some level.

Simple people have better things to do thsn prove or worry whether they are simple. Like contemplating their navel :)

• As for whether I am complicated.. Dk. Ask me twenty questions and you tell me:)

• We are very complicated in some ways, simple in others, we either don't tell you how we feel or go all out and get real upset. We have secret codes where you have to figure out what we really mean. As for likes and interests, yes we are fairly simple beings. We like romance and everything in the books or movies. Most guys think to be romantic you need to go all out. You don't need to buy us a whole bunch of flowers a single rose will do. You don't need to write a 2000 word essay on how beautiful we are just write a short message every night over text before you go to bed. Leave her little surprises. It does take much to be romantic.

• We send mixed signals for sure.
      I try hard not to, but I know I do it.
      I think guys have it easier for some reason.
      It amazes me how much crap guys are willing to take from us.
      HHH

• Pretty much. Some times we are simple some times we are not. I'm so amazed how much shit you guys can actually take and thanks @crazyincalifornia

• I think women are more simple than guys think. The main problem is that we communicate in two different way; women express how they feel verbally, and Guys express themselves through their actions. So when a guy loves us he does little things for us that show it, but because we think "if he loves me he'll just say it" when they don't say it we assume you don't love us. But guys (a lot of the time) assume they don't have to say it because we should "see it". I think that goes with most if why happens in our relationships

• Yes actually. Women are pretty simple and i don't get why most people say it's hard to understand us when in fact we're just stubborn. I don't think men are hard to understand either... i'll admit, they think differently and it's not always explainable- what they do- but it's not hard for a man and a woman to understand each other

• The title: kind of. Depends. The first question: most women, yes, but not all. Just depends on a lot. The next question: compared to what a woman needs... that is controversial. Depends on the woman and her needs and what you're comparing them to. And do women have a hard time understanding men? YES! Heck yes! You think women are complicated, but you men are just as complicated. I should know--I'm a girl (who has more needs than most girls my age, thus making me seem complicated) and my best friends are guys. So I am constantly confused.

• coming from a girl who half the time doesn't know what she even wants. its best not to try to hard. though i will say this, men and women aren't that different when it comes to what we want. men like certain things, women like certain things.

but the most valuable advice i can give you.
    don't trust something that can bleed for up to a week and doesn't die <3

• You know, it depends. Just like we can't say that all guys are the same, girls are different too. My friends are different. I am really simple and direct most of the time, as long as the guy would do the same. For example: if I like a guy, I'll start to get closer, not come off as creepy and wait to see if he understands. Some guys do, other guys won't. Some guys just play around, push and pull, so that's the point I don't understand them anymore and stop my actions. Other guys start talking to me, we become friends etc. See, that's how it goes I think. (For me at least)

• Both men and women are as complex as each other. Our brains are wired totally differently, for the general heteronormal population we seem to fill in the gaps of the opposite sex. If you learn to understand the needs of yourself and another person it won't be that hard. There are general needs for woman and men and there are needs specific to each individual. Certain combinations of traits and needs will compliment other traits and needs, through that you will get a somewhat harmonious relationship. Of course conflict is inevitable and actually healthy, but communication is key to solving your issues.

• Hahahaha No, my friend. We don't even get us!

• From a guy s perspective, a woman is complicated because he doesn't think like women.
    Guys are not simple as they seem. They just don't show.
    If people try to be emphatic more, they will understand each other more.
    Something can be meaningless for you, but it can be meaningful for others.

• Read this below, you will view us as less complicated

http://imgur.com/SQP5Di1

• I find men rather complicated actually, and women rather simple... That might be a gender thing though! I have huuuge problems understanding men! Women are easy once you have grasped concept, men on the other hand are all over the place and once it's like this and once it's like that...

• I don't know man generally I'd like to think of myself as being pretty simple although - like every man and woman - I have my complexities. But for the most, I'm a pretty blunt person who doesn't hide things. If I like a guy, I'll flat-out tell him I like him. I've met many guys who end up playing mind games with me. I'd be straightforward and they'd give me these coded replies. So, yeah, many women are pretty simple. And many guys are pretty complex.

• It depends.
    The reason women told you that is because women understand other women. :p

• I do think we're programmed to think we're supposed to me complicated. And by God have I met complicated men!

I think the sexes think each other are complicated because they do bizarre things and we don't understand each other properly.

• nope we are all very very complicated. it takes a degree to break through us ( jk that was all sarcastic but this isnt) we are NOT all that complicated. we can be simple + to the point sometimes. There are some of us who will be sarcastic + joke a lot but thats our nature + if we are i think we should tell the person we are joking. anyway we aren't all too complicated. it doesn't take a degree to get through 2 us. =)

• I can't say for all girls. .. but I think I'm pretty simple, you just need to figure me out. . l

• not simple, mind is like spider web

• I seem simple but am actually really complicated haha

• I don't think either gender is complicated, but because we both think and see the world differently, we just end up confusing each other. This is why women think men can be very confusing and vice versa.

• Its the person! But in general I don't know. Cause I know for myself that I'm a complicated mess at the moment lol unfortunately , not happy about that either.

• I would love to say I'm simple but I'm probably very far from it xD I just think guys and girls are just as complex as each other

• More from Girls
    28

What Guys Said 29

• Women aren't complicated.

A - Treat them like human beings and not mindless sex conquests.

B - Don't put them on a pedestal and worship them everyday. You're a human being, not a doormat.

C - Be witty and interesting.

Boom. Done. Being fit can help but that part varies from woman to woman.

• nah they are mate, anthropologists say they don't know what women want, and that women certainly don't know what they want

• Your empirical opinion certainly doesn't trump science

• @amphet11

No, but it does work for me, in my own life. That's all that matters. Not much I can do for everyone else's life.

• I think certain women are more complicated than others. I think some woman make things very complicated on purpose to get a rise out of their man... to show some passion! It may be also that they get tired of there man not paying attention to them and asking more than what's for dinner.

Overall though, I think a woman's needs are not that complicated, they just want a guy that does more than grunt and watch sports all the time. I think "Effort" is the biggest key to woman's mind. If you are a good listener and try to understand her and support her then you have a good chance of understanding them. The same goes for women. After all it can't be the guy that constantly makes the effort.

I think women only appear complicated to men because men strive for simplicity in their life. Guys are not complicated... if we are able to sleep, eat, do our job, and have sex on occasion (not necessarily in that order) we are happy campers.

Myself, I prefer my woman to be somewhat emotional/complicated... if you will, simply because I want her to express her feelings to me... talk to me about work, about school, about her day, everything! You should also do the same... involve her in all aspects of your life. I would be more worried about the woman that is just one of the guys and never says boo about anything! Although this may be a dream girl to some guys because it fits there simple lifestyle... it is this type that hides everything inside and eventually implodes someday.

Hope this sheds some light!

• It is mostly because they have a working innate emotional system, while guys repress it and have no idea how to utilize their empathy to comprehend the emotional state of someone else. Just try to assess the emotional response you would give if the same thing happened to you and bam, you as already close.

I am not much of a logical thinker anymore, to be honest. Conscious thinking takes too much valuable time. I use emotions to guide me, unless thinking is necessary. I usually understand rationally why I did what I did.

• I think the main difference is that many women want to be "read" by their hints rather than saying anything explicit and straightforward about their wants and needs. While men tend to be more explicit and detail focused in their way of expressing themselves.

Many want a man that just knows what they want and need without them having to explain it i guess. And i can understand that they would want a man like that but sometimes its a but unrealistic because women change in their mood a lot more then men do due to being more sensitive and affected by their feelings and hormones, so sometimes its very hard to know why they are behaving a certain way since they can change so fast.

• People are simple. Its just that we tend to confuse the issue with our own issues.

• People aren't that complicated. You just need to know how to read them. If you don't then it appears hard, if you do then its easy. The problem is no one teaches anyone how to read people so its learned gradually over time through experience.

• I would by no means think that people are simple. If that was the case it wouldn't cost so much just to live. I'm good at reading people, but I still realize it's just and educated guess.

I'm saying it's obvious that there are differences between women and men.

• There is absolutely nothing simple about humans or any part of life. We are complex organisms in a complex world. Neither gender is more complex than the other. Anyone who tells you different uses stereotypes, generalizations, or assumptions; doing that is the problem, not a misunderstanding of a certain gender.

• I think no gender is superior in complexity; it's not a matter of gender, it's a matter of the individual. My gf is extremely forward in the way she handles everything. If she wants something she let's me know; if I'm pissing her off she let's me know; if she needs to talk to/with me about something she does. Her view is that reading into people is a waste of time when you can just be direct and settle everything in a matter of seconds instead of "being a little bitch" and passive aggressively dropping hints for years until enough contempt brews that you part ways out of lack of communication and I love that about her cuz it means I never have to deal with mind games. My friends say that "she acts like a dude" because of this, but I'll be the first to say that I had to learn to be up front because me and the most of the males in my life would play off that everything was fine until they blew up and boxes it out or they not picked twenty four seven cuz they didn't know how to pick their battles. Granted the smashing thing worked out cuz we'd hit each other then go get a beer, but my point is that I've met girls who "act like guys" and guys who "act like girls" in being overdramatic bitchy conniving backhanded drama queens. All genders have a percentage of catty whiners and a percentage of up front assholes. I prefer the upfront assholes, but am definitely not clueless enough to say that all females are like that when most of the girls I've met aren't. Granted most of the girls I met through my gf and they all on a hardcore roller derby team (plus a few that are siblings of said derby girls) but still, my point remains it's not about the gender, it's about the individual at hand.

• Guys aren't as simple as the stereotypes make us out to be, but for the most part, we are fairly simple.
    Emotions are complicated. Women are emotionally driven. Therefore women are complicated.

• I guess women are emotional is because they learn from a young age. People are very responsive to a woman's emotions compared to a man's.

• Good logical steps. This is basically it. ^

• They're simple, but they're not like you or your guy friends in what they find attractive. Don't over think it. Go talk to one. They are a fascinating species.

• Women really aren't that complicated. They just want to be loved, cuddled, hugged and appreciated. That's pretty much it.

Everything else is compatibility semantics.

• A woman is a Rubick's Cube. They can be a analyzed and a solution found to line up all the colors. The problem is that the solution only works for that one. The proper sequence on any other one is a different alignment of clorored boxes.
    Stephen Hawking couldn't figure it out. That's what caused his medical condition. Save yourself... lol

• Women are just crazy and emotional.

• Hahah i quite agree on this. Women have so much drama! Thats why I prefer guy friends.

• I honestly don't see any difference between the needs of women and the needs of men. Maybe in how each experiences them in the context of day-to-day life, but aside from that none whatsoever.

• They're complicated because we're not inside them and are not women ourselves trust me if we lived one day of our opposite gender male or female we would understand our opposites a lot more just like that movie Hot Chick lol.

• Bottom line, people are complicated. Keep it simple and don't over think your situation too much. Do what you do, and keep it P, P. You'll thank yourself for it.

• Women are not simple. But they are not complicated. Most of their thoughts/behaviors are based in emotion and long term goals. They are sometimes VERY LOGICAL, but you have to think in terms of what she feels and then subsequently what she thinks. Emotional states and goal emotions tend to be more important than logical action.

• They way I look at it is to just be friends with them. If its meant to be then it will happen. Don't be a creeper. My best friend is a lesbian. Do I wish she wasn't? YES. Does she know how I feel? NO. Am I OK with us never being together? YES.
    Does life go on? YES Cheers

• All you heard is not true or the thing the person said messed up... cause its actually "women seem simple but are complicated"

Actually we are not women so we dont understand them... this is also same in case of women too!
    In shorts opposite sex can't understand each other truly!

• They are simple but are made to look complicated. All you have to so is experience it and listen to experiences other guys had with them.

• They are simple but complicated.

• Women are oddly enough, very similar to us in many ways, the older you get the more you know my friend ;) You have to translate womanese to man-talk, it is possible. What questions are you having?

• No. There's nothing simple about a woman.

• Not at all.

Girls are complicated who just seem impossible. Guys are much more simple. The average man wants the following things: Food, alcohol, sex, and video games.

The things a girl wants is ENDLESS.

• Depends on the girl I guess, the more shy one's are harder to read as they don't tend to show their true feelings in case you reject them so they wait for you to ask.

• Hell no! Harder than the Antikythera mechanism

• If the women is on her periods than she is more complicated than quantum physics!

• Actually that's the simplest time of all. If you know she's on her period drop by her place with tea and something made of chocolate and a movie NOT a rom com, a straight up comedy or horror -the more she laughs or gets scared the more distracted she'll be from the pain of cramps. She'll remember how sweet you were and it will make you guys closer which will result in more sex sooner than later.

• Men and women are not exactly the same, and that sometimes causes us not to understand each other. On the flip side Men and women are more similar than different, which can also cause us not to understand each other.

Women are really simple. Society enforces this idea that women are a certain way that doesn't match reality, and that makes women seem more complicated. Just like men are said to think with our penises, women think with their genitals as well. This is why women will chase after a sexy guy that treats them like shit, and ignore guys that will treat them well if the guy isn't sexy. Also attraction for a woman, has more to do with respect than it does for a guy. If she doesn't respect the guy, then she loses attraction for him. A "nice guy" that kisses her ass will appear weak and desperate, thereby losing her respect. If she doesn't respect him, she can't remain attracted to him.

Another problem is often that for whatever reason women are less likely to be as independent as men at taking care of their own happiness. Where a man will just find a hobby and do something he enjoys, many women report having no hobby at all. This boredom ends up with them acting crazy and creating unnecessary drama, in order to as at least some excitement in their lives. If a woman tells you she doesn't have any hobbies, then her hobby becomes creating unnecessary drama. Since most guys have hobbies, they don't understand why so many women feel the need to create drama. This makes it harder to understand why they do the things they do.

So it isn't that women are more complex, as much as the level of dishonesty society has about women. Like most societies our society likes to place women on a pedestal. Just look at just about any movie with angles and demons. Heaven is full of female angles, and hell is full of male demons. The idea that women are as flawed as men is overlooked, and women become idealized. Once you reject that idea, women become a lot easier to understand.

• Men are way more fucked up on the inside compared to women. I don't think women are as emotionally vulnerable as men are. They cry a lot but they can do it quite easily guys tear themselves up when they do.

• No, they're the most complicated things ever.