I like this guy but im too embarassed to go out with him?

i have a really odd taste in guys.. at my school im really popular and i know this because a lot of people tell me this and im invited to all the parties and i always have strangers coming up to me telling me how pretty i am. but i probably sounds like im high on myself sorry.. anyways i always have the "popular" guys hitting on me wanting to hookup most of them are jerks tho. but I've always like guys everyone thinks is weird and i wish i didn't care so much but i do and i hate it so much. I've liked this guy for a year who even said he would break up with his girlfriend for me but i dont want to do that because i feel like i would break up their relationship then chicken out because im too embarassed. but i reallyy like him. its the ones who everyone finds weird that makes me the happiest. should i just toughen up and stop caring what other people think. my ex boyfriend found out i was snapchatting this guy and made fun of me for it but everyone knows he's an asshole lol. i just feel like im wasting my highschool years pretending to be someone else. my friends think im cool but im secretly a huge dork hahaha. and i feel like when highschools over i will be really mad at myself for not going for it. i know this is a really stupid question... espesially because im talking about popularity but can you try not to be rude about it i mean i should not care anf be more confident but im obviously not

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• Be yourself, don't mind about what the others will think. Just make sure you won't regret later for something you could've done. I think you've realized it already.

What Girls Said 5

• He's better off without you. Let him be with someone who's a little less conceited.

• People made fun of me for my choice of boyfriend. But we have been dating for two years now with plans for the future. Always go with your heart and fuck anyone who thinks poorly of you for it.

• If you're too embarrassed he deserves better but if you can swallow your pride and ignore the comments of others you should go for it. You could have the relationship everyone else is jealous of where the guy actually gives a shit because as you said most "popular" guys dont

• You will regret this , this sounds like me at 13/14 I had the same thing happen and never dated the guy I wanted just stop caring because it dosnt matter and they will get over making fun of you and start being jealous that you have such a great connection with a guy.

• High School is rough, my advice to you is to NOT date him, because you said you're embarrassed to go out with him and i don't think that's fair to him.