Why would she leave me for someone that is ten years older than her?

I thought her and I had something. I let her into my life (that hardly happens) I let her know a lot about my personal life. She said she liked me just as I did. We would talk day and night. If I was waking up i'd tell her, if I was at home i'd tell her, If it was 1 or 2 am I'd tell her where I was at. We were never "official" but it sure felt as it was. I confessed the way I felt towards her and she did the same. Until a couple of days ago she told me she needed her space because she was scared of getting too attached to me. At first I thought okay time will pass and she will get over it (like before when we would stop talking for a day). She nor I ever made contact. Yet I found out today she is now dating a man that is 32 years old yeah I must admitt he is well off financially he is a real-estate investor and also works in the same place she started working at recently yet when she is barely 22. I'm in my 20s and so is she and I thought we were perfect for eachother. I was going to school trying to be somebody. Why would she do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with @kangy. It could be those reasons. Also his age could have nothing to do with it. It could just be that maybe the get along better. She may have used the excuse 'she needed her space because she was scared of getting too attached to me' because she didn't want to hurt your feelings.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah!
    My guy is 11 years older.
    I just like more mature guys.
    Pretty much always have.
    They may have more baggage, but are often much nicer then the guys that think they are so hot.
    I am not talking about you by the way.
    You sound very nice and respectful.

• I must admitt he is well off financially he is a real-estate investor and also works in the same place >i think this is the reason, though i might not be 100% sure.

and perhaps there is compatibility issue between both of u

• Is there any way I can fix this or would it be too late?

• Dont bother to fix it at all. It isn't your fault to begin with.
      Personally i like someone who is older than me, because of maturity and stability and experienced

What Guys Said 2

• Some women are all about the money. My only advice is to learn from this. Don't get attached too soon and go after multiple women at once in case one falls through. Keep your head up and forget about her.

• Financially stable "experienced and mature"

• yup i agree

• it is their culture isn't it
      rude and uncivilised (sorry to say that)
      but i still like to go china

• @kangy I suppose it is, I don't know why either.