(Girls) Dating a pot smoker?

Girls, would you be okay dating a dude who's a stoner, or smokes pot sometimes? Or is the idea too conflicting or seems too stressful to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes or occasional pot smoker sure. I might even join in every now and then.
    BUT
    Daily pot smoker.. nope.
    My worst relationship experience was with a pot head (who I loved very much and still do) and I won't put myself through that again.

• Can you explain your story to me?

• I know his case is probably rare and extreme but it has managed to hurt me so bad cause I knew him before this. I knew the kind of amazing person he was and it kills me as to how he has changed. I loved him till the moon and back. I saw what was becoming of him and his dreams and wanted to help him but instead he gave me away. Worst is when he broke up with me he actually told me he knows I deserve better than him and that he can't give me the future I deserve. This ripped me up because I wanted him and only him and know that deep down he is a good person.

• Wow. That's all I can say. I'm so deeply sorry that you had to go through that

What Girls Said 20

• Depends, is he a productive pot head or one that only cares about when he gets his next high?

I have a friend who smokes a ton, but has manager to create his own business and is a junior at our school, all before he turned 21. I would totally date a guy like him.
    A former roommate of our got caught driving high and on possession charges, was mandated to AA (they technically found him guilty of a DUI hence AA and not NA) and random supervised drug tests. He would then proceed to complain about how dumb our state laws were and get high most nights, especially when his brother moved in with us. He didn't do anything to fix the situation and instead blamed us for his mistakes. I can't stand people like that.

• I really like how you categorized potheads rather than make a generalization. And yes! I know so people who've done and would do the exact same. I know of like 4 people who, while on probation, smoked pot regularly. And I know a couple others who can't keep up their studies because they're so damn irresponsible.

• Exactly everything taken in moderation and done responsibly is fine.

• stoner =/= smokes pot sometimes. stoners are like constantly high and smokes pot sometimes literally means just that. stoner no thank you. smokes pot sometimes sure. if he is still a productive member of society I don't care if he smokes pot recreationally with friends on some weekends or something. but if he always needs to be high then I would rather not.

• Wouldn't do it. Sorry. Nope.

• And why is that?

• You do have a point there. Most decent paying jobs. Unless you learn a trade. Buddy of mine is working in Heating and Cooling, and he makes around 30 grand a year. He still smokes, and I guess with the company he works with, there's an increase in his pay by each year he works there. Allegedly he should be making roughly around 70 grand in a matter of 5-8 years.

• It's not the greatest amount of money, but he's happy and content with what he's doing.

• I have not a big deal the Smell sorry but it smells fine. And my ex was always happy. :) A drinker I am with one now and I love him and he loves me. Alcohol not a problem. Life. Legalize it. There is benefits for it.

• Mm I mean as long as he didn't smell like pot 24/7 and I could actually have a decent conversation with him. But I wouldn't want him to smoke around me I hate the smell.

• Personally i don't care at all. A lot of the effects of alcohol are worse and other than the fact that it's illegal, I think pot is actually quite beneficial to a lot of people. And it's only a few years until it becomes legalized in North America along with many progressive European countries. Plus I mean most of the pot heads I know are the smartest, most kind and relaxed people I've ever met. So no, them smoking pot would not affect my decision on whether or not they are dateable.

• Yeah, that's pretty cool with me. As long as smoking isn't getting in the way of his life as in he's getting lazy and just wants to smoke pot all day. Would rather date a pot head than an alcoholic. By the way, the girls that are "annoying" with it aren't usually pot heads at all, they're girls who smoke once then constantly talk about it because they think it's cool. I also don't know how you link up girls that smoke pot with being "sluts" lol geez.

• Around where I live at... it's not uncommon for stoner girls to have had sex with over 20 dudes. Yeah, I will give you that. A fair amount of annoying "stoner" girls are the type of girls to smoke like 3 times a week. But I noticed that the true smokers are the ones that, you know, have fucked easily over 20 dudes. Not all girls who smoke are like that, just 3/4ths of the everyday smokers I know are like that.

• I guess I'm someone that really doesn't care what someone does with their vagina/penis so I guess someone's "number" would never really matter to me. Those girls are probably justa bit more carefree and that's okay in my book. But yeah, wouldn't have problem dating a guy that smokes a lot

• I usually don't either. It's wrong of me to call them sluts or whores but id think the same if they were males. I respect them being open about their sexuality, but I personally couldn't be with someone who's had that many partners. But I understand. It's good you're at least open minded

• I've dated stoners before and it's fun I even join in with them but I wouldn't want them to be high everytime we chill like ya it's fine if they do it

• It's not ideal.

• No. Smoke is smoke. I'm not dating a smoker of any kind.

• Nope nope nope http://imgur.com/1ytWzyh

• The smell is nauseating, but as long as he doesn't do it all the time or while I'm there it's fine.
    I wouldn't date a "stoner".
    He can only do it sometimes.

• Never ever

• Is this frequently? On a daily basis? I don't think I could cope with it.

• I'd be okay if he smoked it sometimes, but not all the time.

• Nope not ok with me..

• I'll be okay, as long if he does not smoke everyuyy week. Just one on a while..

• No to a stoner, yes to someone who smokes every once in a long while-like my bf. He only smokes with friends from time to time, never daily. It makes him sleep a lot and he's used to being really active.

• No. I think it smells disgusting and I can't handle smoke of any kind. My ex smoked and said if we ever had children, he would make them smoke with him when they turned thirteen. I wouldn't want drugs, or the mentality that drugs are okay, around my children if I ever had any.

• I mean, that dude just sounds like an irresponsible asshole. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. But yeah, I get what you're coming from.

• I am, it's extremely frustrating and I am not proud of his behavior. :/ I'm dating him, but I am not okay with it. If he doesn't give it up soon, I'm not willing to stay with him much longer.

• How is his behavior affecting you both currently?

• He can't sit there and deal with bad news with me. He has to smoke. He has to escape, while I'm just left there shouldering it. Financially, we aren't doing well, but he still drops a lot of money on it. I can't even get him a well paying job because they drug test. When he did have a scheduled drug test he couldn't stop and just keep smoking. He's dependant on it.

• That's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear that. You ever thought about having him see somethin to help with his mental health? And have you ever heard of the supplement 5-HTP?

What Guys Said 5

• Well, I would say find a girl who smokes. But some of them are annoying as shit.

• Yeah, that's another thing I left out! A lot of stoner girls are annoying.

• There are girls who do they themselves are pot heads too though lol.

• There are, but they're hard to find. Well, not necessarily hard to find... it's more like finding a good one. Most girls who smoke daily are either unattractive and/ or (mostly) sluts.

• i believe girls should realise that a pot smoker is much more healthy than an alcoholic basically

• They should, but it seems many don't like the stigma associated with cannabis usage. Whether it's smoking, the crowd, the money, or even the effects of cannabis

• I recommend not... my last girlfriend left me for a stoner, and she got used and dumped a week later.

• That's terrible, bro. I'm so sorry to hear that.

• I'm sure all girls love the idea of working 2 jobs while their boyfriend vegetates on the couch

• I mean, I've met successful potheads and I've met unsuccessful potheads. I know older guys, guys older than you, that hve been smoking since the 60s. Own a business or two and are perfectly fine! And I've met other guys, who don't really have a tax paying job, don't have a license because it was either suspended from paraphernalia or they never got it, and have no motivation whatsoever. Weed doesn't make everyone lazy, but I do think some are more susceptible to losing their motivation from it's use.