I want to go to prom with my gf but she said she is going with someone else it is her senior year and I am a junor should I be cool with it?

A few days ago I dessided I wanted to go to prom with her for her senior year. So I brought up the question and she said that she had someone else she was going with I already payed for our tickets and a limo I don't know what to think or say I mean we are datin why would go with someone else I even got us a limo!!! What do you guys think

Most Helpful Guy

• You should be whatever you are.

The story seems so one sided, I've got no idea wtf.

You decided, and so you brought up the question.

Then wtf happened? Suddenly the tickets are bought? There's no indication of her even saying anything about agreeing? Huh?

Did she even know if you're going to the prom? I always thought only seniors attended proms? wtf?

Is she even your GF like steady relationship GF or just some friend?

You should be whatever you are man, cool or not, as long as you're being true to yourself.

You can do whatever you want to do, she has no obligation to follow through unless she gave her word to do so BEFORE you went and purchase the tickets etc.

This means, I can basically buy lots of gifts, prepare tons of tickets and shit to concerts and crap for a girl and if she hasn't said "YES" before I did any of that, it didn't matter how she reacted after. I do what I do, she has no obligation to respond. Get my drift?

What Girls Said 5

• If she has had these plans for a long while I understand, she probably doesn't want to be rude and cancel. But I mean if she made these plans while you were dating, I don't see why she would. If I had a boyfriend, I wouldn't be making plans to go with someone else unless its meeting there as friends, but I would still take him as a date. If they had these plans before you were official or she made it a long time ago its understandable, but otherwise and I can't see why she wouldn't have made plans to go with you instead.

• I don't understand... if you're dating then shouldn't you be her date? Did you just start dating today or something? 'Cause if you're dating someone you go to dances with them.

• What the hell. Ungrateful bitch. She should have at least told you when she arranged it.

• I mean she should of told me before getting the limo and everything else for her

• Dump her. That's not ok.

• I think that's kind of messed up she should go with you because your her boyfriend and she should want to make memories with you. Why would she want to remember prom with some other dude. Plus you already got the limo and stuff :( If I was you I wouldn't be cool with her doing that. Tell her how it makes you feel that she would even want to go with someone else..

• I feel like we are missing a part of the story here. No, you shouldn't be cool with her going to prom with someone else. You're her boyfriend, she should be going with you. Regardless if you're a different grade level as her, she shouldn't be going with someone else. I find it very difficult to think of any circumstances where this situation would be okay.

• So should talk to her about it

• Yes, definitely. As long as you two are in an exclusive relationship, she shouldn't be going to the prom with anyone else.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah... put your foot down. Definitely not okay for her to do that.

• There's something missing. Like a huge chunk of story. Even still that's kind of weird; ask her why she chose t go with someone else.

• that's not kool bruvv !!! , if that so what's the purpose of you being in her life? MAN UP !! show her whos da bawse

• Ummmm. . . in what world is she your girlfriend if she's going to prom with someone else? Is SHE aware she's dating you? Have you ever kissed? Do you go out on a regular basis?