How to stop sabotaging my relationships?

I've been single for almost 3 years and in those 3 years I've probably gone on 2 legit dates that led absolutely nowhere. and it's not that guys don't ask me out, I just kind of subconsciously push them away. I mean, DO want to start dating again, I'm just really nervous about it all. its just terrifying to think someone actually wants to get to know me. Lately, I've been getting to know this guy that just kind of randomly appeared in my life, and I have to say he makes my brain mushy and my stomach flip flop. I really want to ask him out, but I can't over that nervousness. :/ I'm scared he's gonna think I'm playing hard to get or that I'm uninterested and just move on. But I'm also scared to pursue a relationship with him.

So I guess my question would be how can I just over that feeling and go for it? He's definitely worth getting over my nerves for. I just don't know how. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Be like Nike and just do it! Build a bridge and get over it! Just muster up some cock-surety and ask him out. While on the date give him a kiss, getc out of your comfort zone and do something you have never done before. If it scares you then it's definitely the right thing to do!

• Omg I just broke out in hives imaging myself doing this 😯 lol

• Imagining*

What Guys Said 2

• Nerves can ruin everything and there's no set way on how to get over them
    Sometimes you can plan and work out the best time to do it. Weigh up all the pros and cons and take a logical view on it
    Or, you can say something in a flash of confidence and spontaneity.

• 1|0
    • Wow, this was great!!! 😊 I'm gonna play this on repeat until I muster up some courage 😌

What Girls Said 2

• Aw I feel the same, about a guy but scared of taking it further. It's something you have to get over. Your worth getting to know and deserve happiness :)

• Thank you! :) but yes, it's hard but I REALLY want to get over this. Just have to take little baby steps I guess. :)

• I understand, I am like you. Yes absolutely. You'll get there :)

• Fear is just your enemy. Don't let it win you. Just go and be yourself. If he really likes you, he won't mind your nerves, flaws. Just go. And have fun :)