How do you feel about cougars? Asking girls & guys?

How do you feel about cougars (women)?

Do you consider is disgusting, strange, normal?

Do you think a man dating a cougar has mommy issues or other issues?

What are your thoughts and opinions?

I'm just curious, this isn't a personal question.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I'm understanding this correctly, a cougar is an older woman courting a younger man - much younger. Well, I don't see the problem. As long as they have this lovely bond together, why not? If the guy was 60 and she was 85, are you telling me that they can't be together - especially if they never had love in their life? The same should apply for a younger and similar couple. Not every couple like this is abnormal. Not every guy has mommy issues. What makes you think the guy sees his mommy in the woman? A 60 year old woman can still be as pretty as a 20 year old.

• I'm not talking about that. I think when you get into your senior years, the age gap doesn't make much of a difference. When you're in your twenties and dating someone older than your mother, you have to wonder where the attraction lies in that relationship? I'm not only talking about looks; i'm referring to intellect, life experience, generational differences, or the fact that my boyfriend is younger than my son and I'm older than his mother. How do you not see an issue in that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just expressing my opinion as well.

• Can't the woman share her life experiences with the man? After all, men and women of the similar age share their life experiences. Men and women don't necessarily live their early adult lives together. Young men can and probably do end up somewhat more intelligent than older women - if they are mature. Sometimes, they (younger men) can be wise beyond their years. When you picture your boyfriend as your son - are you subconsciously thinking sexually? I surely hope you aren't. Please run away from this thinking, as this is very wrong. If not, where's the need to compare your boyfriend to your son. Besides the similarity in the number they call "age", they could be a lot different in many ways.

• I see your point, but I guess we can agree to disagree. Thank you though.

What Guys Said 16

• How do you feel about cougars (women)?
    Normal

Normal

No

What are your thoughts and opinions?
    Not a big deal. They are normal girls with some different preferences.

• Cougars are cool but I have a faint feeling I'm not properly "armed" for the expedition and I might be eaten alive.

• Older women can be hot. Would bang, but wouldn't date. I don't judge those that do date way outside of their age group.

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Older women are hot, and if they're single, and the younger guy is single, why can't they hook up?

• Cougars are young enough to still look good but old enough to know all the bullshit younger girls do is a waste of time.

• I will never date them

• I think you might be a bit too old for a cougar's taste anyway. lol

• Then that means she isn't a cougar =p

• she's older then me by far and she wanted something

• I don't like saggy old women but hey just because I don't like them doesn't mean it's wrong for others not to. If a younger man likes a much older woman good for him and good for the older woman.

I find it sickening how a woman my age can date someone who is 40 and nobody cares, as soon as a guy dates an older woman he's got issues and she's exploiting that guy.

The sexism and double standards against women really makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

• I agree, I think it's disgusting. I understand that some men want to nail these old ladies, but I don't see how a relationship could last with them. Im talking like 25 year age gaps, that's a whole generation or two.

• You've missed my point entirely...

• Yes, I did, sorry. I read it out of context.

• I don't see the issue. I have women 26-32 that try to hit on/sext me. I think that they're just turned on by the thought of having authority over a younger and less experienced person.

I'm not sure if I'd have sex or date, though.

• That is not a cougar. I am talking about women 40 and over

• I will never date one, but I wanna have sex with one. It's a fantasy, some of them are really hot.

• Not into it. A woman almost double my age used to hit on me. I thought it was harmless banter until she gave me her number. I just don't find older women attractive.

• I was once invited by a 43yo. If she is in proper shape and has mutual emotional touch other than a sense of conquest, its fine

• they should be picking me up for their daughters

• I like them
    Don't have any issues regarding date with cougar

• I like them

• is what it is and that's what makes you happy then go with it

• I'd fuck a cougar

What Girls Said 7

• What do you consider a cougar?

I think it's strange and disgusting if the guys is 20 and she's 60+. There's something more than "love" behind that relationship, like money and/or mummy issues.
    Being about 8 years older is more of the limit before weirdness comes in.

• i hope to be a cougar.

• My rule of thumb is never to date a man old enough to be my father or young enough to be my son. So if that fits in the realm of cougar because I would consider dating a younger guy say 10 years younger... Well have at your opinions lol. Age doesn't define me. My morals do though.

• So would you say, as an older woman, that a 55 year old woman's want to date a man 25 years her junior is based on her morals and values? I don't mean to sound rude, I just have a hard time understanding what woman has in common with a man so much younger; you know? I won't lie, I definitely - like most people - keep the double standard alive, because I'm not bothered so much by older men.

• It goes against my morals, I can't speak for the morals of someone else. I would never consider dating a 25 yr old at 55. I wouldn't date a 25 year old at 47 because based on my "rule of thumb" he is too young. Therefor against my own morals & values.

• And my same opinion applies to men dating younger.

• Hot , not disgusting

• @Hephaestus what is 3/4 lion

• Lol, it was a joke.
      Saying you're less cougar (the big cat)
      but more 3 quarters lion

• @Hephaestus oooooo i didn't know cougar =the big cat

• i dont have anything against the men who want them but i think cougars are disgusting and wrong

• Curious, what is it that makes it disgusting and wrong?

• I've just always found older people with younger people gross i can't really explain why I've just always believed it. maybe i need to be in that situation to understand it but for now its hard for me to imagine being with someone who is more then five years older and i can't imagine ever being with a younger guy. this one girl i know is 28 and she is dating a 39 year old guy and i think she must have daddy issues and i wonder whats wrong with him to want to be with someone eleven years younger. i also know another couple where the guy is 25 and she is 37 and i find that pairing messed up too. i can only relate with people my own age. i can't imagine how people can related with each other wiht such huge age gaps unless they have some kind of issue. also apparently this one girl i work with wants a guy in his forties and she is 21. i think he's 45. i mean he's old enough to be her father.

• I don't think there is a standard right or wrong. People will have different opinions, for different reasons. I personally don't agree with it. I find it very strange that a man would want to date a woman older than his mother. As a woman, why the f*ck would I want to date a man young enough to be my son? I wouldn't, I think there is something wrong with a woman if she is attracted to that.

• Really weird, unnatural unlike this one
    doubtfulnewscom.c.presscdn.com/.../cougar.jpeg

• I don't care enough to have an opinion about them and there is no stigma of two people of different ages who wants to be together. Their business. Not mine.