He visited me for the weekend, now what?

I've been texting a guy I met six months ago (in person), and he decided to visit me for the weekend of my birthday (because we live several hours apart). He stayed at mine, and we had sex and did some sightseeing. It was really balanced.

I enjoyed his company over the weekend, and now that he's left I'm wondering if there is any way to tell if he sees any potential with me romantically, without coming straight out and asking? Is it best to just sit back and let him take the lead?

• Wait things out and see what he does
  • Follow up with him (if this option, what should I say?)

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait things out. You've been texting for 6 months and had him over to your place to sightsee in addition to having sex with him. I think he knows you're interested in something more. The question is, if he is. I find bringing it up too soon puts a lot of pressure on, particularly for a first "real" date/weekend together. I'd wait and see how he plays it.

• Thank you. That sounds sensible.

What Guys Said 8

• If you want to explore romantic options, tell him so. If you're fine with leaving it as a nice one-time experience, then wait it out and see if he makes a move. I think it sounds like you're interested though, so I voted to let him know you'd like to see where you two end up if you spend more time together.

• Wait for a minute, but if it gets over say a week or so just follow up with a "do you want to..." call or text. Something low key and fun like go to the beach or a movie orsomething. If he's enthusiastic he's interested in more, if he puts you off its a warning sign.

• what has he said after that? did you arranged any thing? what was your last conversation like? I guess from answering those questions we can help more

• I had to ask him to act as a reference on something so we had a brief conversation and he thanked me for hosting his "shenanigans!" But otherwise we haven't really talked substantially. Because I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

• I may be wrong here but I guess this was like a one time thing

• Talk to him.

So what have you been texting about for 6 months?

That should give you some idea of what his interest in you are, do you flirt do you sext do you just have small talk?

• I like it because it's mostly conversation (work/life/etc) with some flirting. And we only ever had one conversation on sex.

My reluctance to bringing it up is so many guys are exceptionally practical- and there is obviously a distance component. I'd be foolish to think any one would "voluntarily" want that. So that's why thus far I haven't.

• As I said, talk to him about things.

• i recommend to wait

• He may be trying to just bang u. Try not having sex with him and just hanging out instead. Will he do it?

Just be careful not to push him away though. I'd say tell him how u feel and tell him u wanna date and not just fuck

• She said he lives several hours away. I don't think making him drive all that way and refusing to have sex with him would be the best idea.

• I concur @WesTheGuru. He flew because he's actually an 8hour drive and he wanted to spend as much time as possible. So while we did have sex, we did hang out a lot.

I think my problem is the fact that as a woman I tend to think about it oddly. There are two conflicting trains of thought: We didn't spend the whole weekend morning/noon/night having sex, because we hung out and did stuff -> he must not be attracted to me. / He didn't really initiate much conversation after he left -> he only wanted sex.

• Are you friends with this guy or were you friends before?

• Send him some nudes, and text come and get it, big boy!

What Girls Said 9

• If you had sex with him, chances are he probably won't come back. If he really likes you, wait until you hear back from him

• He should initiate. Give him more time to, though. Will you take a look at my most recent question please? Thanks!

• just cut out the pain and ask him

• just wait things out

• flirt with him tell him how happy you were he was with you.

• Just see what happens

• Make him feel that u love him but ur life never stop coz of him!
    Wish u the best ♡

• just be forthright and honest. i'd ask him

• I'd say probably wait