Is he using me or am I just over reacting? *long, but please read*?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 months now. When we first started dating our relationship was great, it still is nice, but not like when we first started. First things first, he doesn't drive, he doesn't even have his permit, I'm the one always driving us somewhere or taking us somewhere while he has his feet plopped up on my dashboard. He's told me plenty of times before how he's gonna get his permit, but he never does. He's 21 and I'm 19. We both work, he has a full time job and I have a part time job. He gets paid more then I do and we both work at the same job. He pays bills but it's only his bed bill, his phone and $200 for rent and he still has plenty left over, but he spends it on stuff for him, like shoes and new clothes, the only thing he gets me out of his money is candy or food. That's it. When he's out of money he automaticLly turns to me. He always asks me to take him to the store to get something he needs and he asks me to drive to get food and he only says thank you sometimes or when I actually make him. I usually see him after work because we both get off around the same time sometimes. He sees how tired I am, but still bothers me to take him somewhere and he always does it last minute. For example, if I have to go home to do homework and I'm about to leave he'll ask me last. In ute to take him to get something to eat and me being a super nice person it's really hard for me to say no. He's always telling me how much he loves me and everything and he always shows me how much he cares, but it just gets to me when I think he's using me. Any advice on how I should approach him on this? Do you think he's using me? (He also asked me the other day if I feel like he asks me for too much, but I didn't tell him the truth) I don't mean to sound like money is everything, but this whole situation is getting to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Gotta let him know that you have your own things to worry about as well. I mean I'm sure he's heard of public transportation, he can get himself around as well too to get his own things. If he doesn't like that then he should be saving up money to get his own car and actually do something about getting his permit. Sounds like he just lazy and figures "Well she doesn't push me to get the permit so fuck it, I'll just keep letting her drive us around" I mean I get why you can't say no to him but you have to draw a line as well. You can't just be summoned to his every whim. Does he at least pay for the gas that you have to put into your car every time you guys go out? Or when you guys go out and do his things? I get it, you're a nice girl and don't want to say no, but you can't be feeling like you're being used.

• Thank you so much, I'm going to talk to him about this tomorrow when I see him.

• You're welcome. Hopefully he understands where you are coming from and is mature about the situation. Best of luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Wow does he even pay for gas? I believe not since you said he only buys you food or candy. If he really loves you he needs to buy his own guy and drives you around not other way around. You guys been together for four months and he'd been doing that to you using you! What about in the future? It will be more worse.

• he's using you for the money and free rides

• He asked, you said there wasn't a problem. So what else do you want? You either have to tell him the truth, or keep quiet and put up with it.