What should I do if my parents strongly don't approve of my boyfriend?

My parents really don't like the fact that I am dating a black boy when I'm a white girl. They claim their not racist but to me, they clearly are. I've been arguing with my mom a lot more and I don't like it. She says it's not just his color that she dislikes though.. She says that he's a bad boy and won't even listen when my boyfriend said he wants to talk to my mom and let her give him a chance. She just won't accept us and it really stresses me out..

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok I'm friends with a lot of African American people. But a lot of them do do some bad stuff and adults can tell from a while away so yeah not trying to discourage u just have him over for dinner with ur parents and his parents if u really like him.

What Guys Said 4

• First off there's two parts that's bubbling around my head
    1) Your very very young and dating at such a young age of 13 "might" not be what's best for you and your mum might think that too.
    2) Forget what your mother says if she's against you dating a black guy. Colour won't and will never dictate what kind of guy a man is. Ask her pressure her to speak to your romantic interest and hope they have decent discussion about your relationship e. g Dates, Visiting etc. You can't let your mum dictate your life for you. Love sees no colour. In the meantime just talk and advise your mum about keeping an open mind. There are plenty of smart, intelligent, Handsome, respecting, responsible, sweet and caring young black men and you might just have yourself one.

• Perhaps your parents should get to know him first, but your parents are wiser than you so you should take their opinion seriously.

• Ask your parents why they're racist?

• Your only 13 you shouldn't be dating lol.

What Girls Said 3

• It's the fact that you're 13 as well. You're way too immature for a relationship (presented by your behavior with your mother) and she knows it.

• Well... is he at all a "bad boy"? And how old is he? Considering you're only 13 I'm sure it has more to do with age and personality than race

• same age.. not a bad guy

• Tell them you guys broke up an are just friends. (But stay together lol) that's what I did when I was dating my first bf :1 they hated him and wouldn't tell me why.