Is it because I'm ugly?

I'm not very social, so I dont get out much. I'm 22 years old and I wanted to try online dating sooo I tried tinder. I must admit that I did want a boost in self esteem but I also wanted to potentially hit it off with someone, I'm not very into hooking up.

When I first joined tinder it wasn't bad, occasionally I would get blocked by 1 or 2, but after about a couple of hours I would have 20+ matches with attractive guys. And it felt good, can't lie about that...
I never stayed on tinder for more than a few hours without later deleting my account, but over time I noticed that I would occasionally match with someone, but a lot of them would then immediately block me after matching, and it got to the point to where it happened almost every time. I know looks aren't everything but considering i have very very little experience with guys, i wanted to at least feel physically attractive. I've felt ugly all my life so these tinder experiences dont help =/

If it is because I'm ugly, then I'll just have to accept it and get on with my life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't take it personally, people on Tinder tend to be REALLY conceited and only want to try to talk to the 10/10 girls, whom of which are usually fake.
    A multitude of things could cause this. Don't immediately think that it's because you may or may not be ugly.
    Try going out more. Join a group or club or something. You'll figure out that you're not ugly. People are different in person

What Guys Said 4

• "I dont get out much."

There's your problem.
    I just went to trader joes to buy groceries today and I saw 2 dudes getting numbers.

• Many guys just swipe and worry about whether they like you or not later.

• I have no idea what you look like, but you're probably not ugly. I have the same issue as you but I'm a male and 16 years.
    Never had tinder though, maybe people just matched with you to hook up and bounce. I don't know I'm emotional.

• Don't feel bad if you feel your ugly at least you can do something about your looks if you have a magnetic and a great personality looks does not even matter.
    10/10 girls have an ugly personality... they may be pretty on the outside but once they grow old then they will look like sh*t... personality goes a long way so improve on your looks if you feel that is what's bothering you right now and have patience the right guy will come along.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, Spongebob. You're ugly.

You have to use Tinder with a grain of salt. You can't take it and its inhabitants so seriously.

• It could be... Just ignore that.. Try going out more often and meet new people.. In the real world

• Going to Tinder to raise your self esteem is like watching Real Housewives for relationship tips! ;)

Think of some things you like and start going places that people who like the same things may be hanging out. Also, getting some exercise does wonders when you're feeling low. I struggle with anxiety and depression and stand by it's one of the most helpful things for mood troubles.

Good luck!

• The site does the matches based on profile info, not on looks.
    So you and a guy may have a lot of the same iinterest and profile info but doesn't mean they like you or chose to match with you, its the site.

• First of all, don't ever go to Tinder For validation. Always go to your own self for that, as ridiculous as that might sound. Buy yourself some pretty lingere and live in it when you're alone and love yourself, every bit of it. Confidence is what makes people pretty in my mind. People who love themselves enough to take care of themselves are so gorgeous. Trust me