What to do when you want to get to know someone in a different grade?

I am 15 almost 16 coming up in a month and a sophomore in high school. I have been really interested in talking with this Freshman girl who happens to be my exact type. I used to have a class with her but switched out. I was wondering what would be the best way to somehow get to know her even though we don't really talk to much. My best friend has friends in her inner circle and also has a class with her so I know she is really nice. I would just like to know some ways I can talk with her without it being really weird and maybe take it from there. I talked with a freshman friend who says she is really nice but very shy when it comes to dating guys. What should I do in this situation.

Should add that I look pretty young for a sophomore so I would look fine dating a freshman.

What Girls Said 1

• Try and be-friend her circle of friends or hang out when your friend chats to the mutual friends. If she's talking, listen and maybe comment on the topic, crack a joke, break the ice whenever you get the chance too. There's no quick fix way to go about initiating conversation, you don't wanna be too bold and overwhelm her if she's shy and reserved. Be patient, it will hopefully pay off!

• Yea, She goes to youth group so I think that's a good place to start. The only problem is that she seems like the person who always sticks with her "girlfriends" all the time. Is there any way I get somehow get her separated without looking creepy or forward?

• Tricky, can't think of a solution other than waiting till she's alone. Teenage girls go around in packs, just talk to bothh her and her friend together.

What Guys Said 0