Am I using the wrong approach?

I'm a 20-something Christian guy--emotionally sensitive and deeply empathic. I'm using a dating site, and I generally hit it off just fine when I converse with the women on this site. But for some reason, after the first couple of messages, which seem to go well, they vanish. Completely.
I don't think I'm being rude, or anything--but it's too much of a pattern to be a coincidence. I make a point of trying to identify with these girls, and I'm beginning to wondering what I think is a relatively innocent approach is creeping them out. Any thoughts, ladies?

What Girls Said 1

• Let them message you, you don't wanna seem like a serial message sender. Let them initiate the conversation and choose the talking topics if possible. Maybe you just haven't met the right person and your approach might be better to talk to girls in real life social situations.

What Guys Said 1

• I would love to know because I have a similar problem :/