Getting along with mama's boy parents?

My boyfriend is a complete mama's boy Which isn't a big deal to me but meeting his mom is.. We are flying to philly to stay aft his parents house and that will be the first time i get to meet them. Im scared that his mom won't like me because of course he's a mama's boy and she is mostlikey very protective of him. I guess im asking how do i get her to like me? Or to let her know he is in good hands? I dont want her to think im taking him away from her completely you know?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with being yourself however don't go into it blindly. Ask your boyfriend for details regarding his mother. For example is she indeed over protective? Maybe even jealous that you're taking him away from her (weird I know but some mothers actually get jealous if a girl dates their sons because there is less time for mother and son time)? Knowing more about her can help you stay prepared in case any problems erupt. At same time however DO NOT be superficial under any circumstances. Understand, it is extremely likely that the mother will be scrutinizing your behavior as any loving parent would; no more than I would do if I had a son or a daughter to make sure he or she is with a good partner not a bad one. Bottom line, be yourself but make sure you know what his mother is like so you can prepare yourself...

What Guys Said 1

• Just be yourself and you'll be fine. The great in-law myth is largely rubbish. I met one girls dad, he likes me more than she does. At first I was scared, but it worked out fine. Even after she decided it wouldn't work, her dad and I still stay good friends, him always teasing that he wishes I could have been his son-in-law.

What Girls Said 1

• Just compliment her on raising him to be so good and tell her you heard so much about her so have been looking forward to meeting her.
    Then she's knows that a) she's part of you guys conversation and he shows you how much he loves her and b) that you know she's a good person. Besides, every parent loves hearing they did a good job.