I am 18, and welp I have never been on a date. Is it normal to never have kissed anyone, been on a date, etc.. After and during my senior year?

I have been flirted with and "age fished" by guys way to old for me. Like in their twenties, and yes they are cute, but I still live at home. I am not at the same place as them. I am in my senior year this year. Every guy I have liked my own age, it has never worked out with. I like shy geeky guys mostly, so I think that is an issue for me. I am a very loud and mature acting girl. I am a straight A student, so I have been into school a lot, but I do "have a life" and hang out with my friends. People mistake me for being in my twenties very often, mainly when I am out with one of my parents eating diner or going to a concert. I feel I am just not easy to approach, so I have flat out told guys I think that they are attractive after awhile. I just have never gotten a guy my own age in high school to mutually like me back or want to go out. I mean I feel like it should be normal to never have gone on a date, or kissed anyone, held hands with a guy, etc... in High School, but what do you think? Did I miss out on anything?

• Girl, you missed out on dating in high school... and never? Not even before high school?
  • It is normal to never have gone a date in high school. I never have/never did go on a date then.
  • While I dated in high school, it is no big to have never dated.
  • N/A I don't know (explain below)

Most Helpful Guy

• No big deal, I didn't have any luck with women and dating until I was in college. Part of it was my own fault. I had some girls into me when I was in high school that I kinda overlooked because I had ridiculously high standards and only wanted the really good looking, popular girls. It was very stupid of me because when I'd get rejected by them, I was under the impression that no one else would like me and was afraid of rejection. Then again, you can't really complain about lack of success when you don't even try in the first place.

Nowadays I just try and the girl will either like me or she won't. Everyone you like isn't gonna like you back just like how you're not gonna like everyone who likes you. Rejection isn't really a big deal though. Being led on is.

• Bottom line it's a neutral thing. And also high school relationships aren't that serious anyways.

What Guys Said 10

• Normal? LOL. kidding me right, surely that may be the main reason why most people spend their time on here.

If you were just a bit more outgoing, you may be outside experiencing the great little big world,
    life has to offer !

even Pointless sex would've been greater than being alone ! ( assuming you don't get pregnant but who knows ! maybe even with a child, you sure as hell may be even happier than on here spending our life away as you slowly turn into dust.)

Don't take this opinion as an insensitive one, It's just one hell of an opinion.

• I think you're just being unlucky. Keep trying the way you are and sooner or later it'll happen.

• Then I must be super weird cause I am 23 and have never kissed. Don't be a sheeple stand above everyone break every social norm and say hey humans look at me I am not brainwashed like you :)

• You didn't miss anything. Just wait for the right person to come.
    You dont need to be in a hurry to have a bf. There are million of guys and girls.

• It's normal, and perfectly okay. Dating isn't the most important thing in high school, or life in general. Don't let it get you down. Someday or another, you'll find that one for you.

• Everyone has their own time and rhythm.
    You will be fine.

• I am 20 and did not kiss a girl until I was 19, and I even missed her lips

• sure it's normal

• I first dated at 18. I'm pretty sure that's normal.

• While it's not weird to have never dated in high school most people go away to college as virgins and never dated but almost everyone has had their first kiss before highschool so you're kind of weird in that honestly I would just pick an average guy and get some kissing practice in before college.

What Girls Said 6

• I feel dating in college is better then school relationships. You are more mature, have more freedom, and your not stuck with the guy for 8 hours of the day if your in a heated argument.
    You didn't miss out. Have fun- enjoy Senior year being single, hang out with your friends. Your first love will come in time (:

• It wasn't until after high school that I met my first boyfriend and got my first kiss. Honestly I was flirted with throughout my schooling years and I was just never interested in guys. My only interest was in doing equestrian sports.

• No big deal - I didn't either. Things will happen in time :) Don't stress too much about it!

• My first date was when I was 19

• Your not missing anything at all. Take my advice I started dating in middle school (big mistake yes I know). But I thought I was in love so I went for it, dated throughout my sophomore year of high school. And then my ex broke up with me out of the blue. I was led on and taken advantage of and mistreated etc. You aren't missing anything trust me I really wish I had waited until high school or college to start dating. But I've decided to wait until college. Because I've learned that high school relationships aren't everything and its not like your going to end up marrying that person in the future because after your senior year you go separate ways. You are find trust me, I dated in high school and it wasn't the best thing ever I really wish I had waited. I've learned that it is way to overrated and plus its a distraction from your studies. So yeah just wait till college to start dating, because guys in high school they're immature and they don't really know what they want in or out of a relationship. I had my first kiss but it was in middle school it wasn't the best thing in the world though.

• It's normal, some people do, some don't.

• Exactly. People's relationship status or lack of don't define them. No one is more special because they're in a relationship than someone who isn't and vice versa.