Is he upset with me or just being selfish?

I recently found out the guy I was dating is married. I told him we couldn't hang out anymore but he wouldn't let me cut the friendship off. I figured if we weren't physical and we didn't talk about certain topics it would be ok. But then he decided it was best we don't socialize anymore. This came as a shock but I totally understand. So I did what was best for me and removed him from all my social media. However, he turned around and blocked me.
I'm so confused, I wasn't angry with him. I just did what I needed to do. I thought it was mean but I don't understand why HE'S upset? Is it that he still wanted to keep tabs or an open door?
My girlfriends say he will try to talk to me one day and I should be prepared to give him a piece of my mind. I'm just really confused at why he would be so upset that he chose to completely block me. Any ideas? Ever had this happen?

What Guys Said 1

• He must have really cared about you, and you broke his heart

What Girls Said 2