Interest, politeness, or is she playing hard to get (texting) ?

Hello,
I met a girl in an improv class a few months ago, and although she was cute, I wasn't too interested at the time and we didn't really talk to each other, aside from some occasional improv with the group. The classes ended. Recently I was at a bar with my buddy, and the girl was there with some guy. I assumed it was a date and didn't care much, plus, from afar I wasn't sure it was her, although we made eye contact for a few seconds. The night kept its course until, to my surprise, the girl came to talk to me while my friend was taking a piss. We talked for about 3 minutes and I discovered we might have some unexpected common interests. She told me we should hang out, maybe with some other people from the improv class, and basically gave me her number as she didn't have her cellphone with her. She then told me her "friend" was alone and she had to get back to him.
Now most of the time I really prefer calling as I don't find texting very masculine in this context, but from previous experiences with girls often too busy to answer, I tried it, although I'm not a fan, especially long text conversations. I'd rather get to know people in person. So I was rather direct and suggested we should meet for a drink some time in the week-end.
She said "Hey!! Yes I would really like to! Unfortunately I'm overworked.. maybe Friday , not too late?" I agreed and suggested a place, as I was free. She then said "Ok! I'll reconfirm :)"
Then today, I got an offer to replace a musician for a good paying gig, and although it's not my primary occupation, I choose to take it, seeing as she hadn't confirmed yet and seemed to have a lot of work to do, I suggested we should try again next week. She answered "Ok, thanks for the heads-up! Have fun :)"

Now I wonder if she's just being polite, if from the beginning she just wanted friendship or if she's genuinely interested. I don't care much for sex, but I usually don't make female friends as a personal choice.

I realize by re-reading, that it might seem like it's going well, but from some experiences, some girls (especially when they say something along the lines of "I'll reconfirm") tend to agree to the date, then never confirm or cancel on the day. I guess they sometimes see it as a way to refuse politely. Hence my question.

I'm not really actively looking for anything myself, but this girl seems interesting, and I'd like to get to know her a bit more. But no one likes wasting their time
(last detail, we're both in our mid-twenties I think)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd ask her out to something again and make sure you fix a date and time. Maybe like a gig or a movie with a specific time?

• Hey, thank you Melissa. I did fix a specific time and bar the first time, once she told me her availability. I was thinking that since I was directly asking her out, she might feel a bit pressured with the context of a bar, whether she's interested or not. I might try a simpler coffee date next time. What do you think?

• There is no harm in a bar date, maybe say to her we could go for a drink and maybe go get some food after then she might not think you're trying to get her drunk. A coffee date sounds get but I think it's the easiest date to be friend-zoned from.

• Alright, thanks for your answers

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 0