Do you ever get disgusted when an ugly person hits on you?

today I've had the shivers all day because this guy with very very very ugly face hit on me. i went to the grocery store and he asked me for my number because i was a beautiful girl. i just stared at him and walked away but i feel disgusted and i wonder why he thought he as a chance with me. it bothers me that he called me a beautiful girl. i am getting the shivers as i write this.

anyone ever experience this?

unattractive people answer this why do you think you get the chance with attractive people?

ok so to all the angry people here. how many of you will date someone your not attracted to at all? if i am such a horrible person then will each and every one of you date someone you find repulsive physically?
disavowing this after the 24 hours are up

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not gonna die. I have been in that situation before. I'm not proud of it because it's obviously not a nice thing to feel but I can't deny it. If someone I don't find attractive hits on me, I don't get disgusted but it did happen once because the dude was hideous and you know, I can't help feeling stuff... I'm not actively trying to get grossed out, it just happens. It's not something to be proud of but I can't help it. In my case it was a mixture of ugly face + really gross teeth that showed he had a bad hygene, so yeah I have felt that.

• exactly. your one of the few people who understand. im sure most of these people who have had someone unattractive hit on them rejected them as well. there all acting as if they have never rejected an unattractive person in their life.

• @chrisbigman as I said in one of the comments: I meant I'm not gonna LIE, not die.

What Guys Said 51

• Honestly, you should only feel disgusted if it was a creepy pervy hit on. Being called beautiful I don't feel is "crossing the line." Your cocky attitude shows when you mention the "have a chance" stuff so I am glad you rejected him because he should date someone who is more mature. He isn't missing out on anything if that is the way you think.

• Yeah, unless the guy kept on hitting on her or tried touching her and something very creepy then she has no reason to act that way regardless of how unattractive he is.

• Yeah I mean that was a pretty rare occurrence with being blocked or being accused of a pedophile but regardless it's overreacting.
      It's crazy how common dating sites are though. There have been times as well, where I'll message a girl and then she'll reject me which isn't a big deal but sometimes I'll end up seeing the girl in person at a bar or party and when they recognize me, they give me a dirty look or be over dramatic and say to their friends like oh god, there's that guy who did this to me. It's like they're making it a bigger deal out of it than I am if you know what I mean.

• Best answer I have seen.

• Feeling disgusted in that situation seems like a total overreaction and makes you sound incredibly conceited.

I don't know you so of course I can't say with any certainty if that's true of you or not, but that's how it sounds.

I think we've all been hit on by people that we weren't interested in. I've never felt disgusted, and I never mocked them in my head for believing they "had a chance with me," though.

• I agree

• There is a difference between how a person feels and how they act. If all she did was feel disgusted, ask yourself can she really control that? If she acted disgusted, then I would agree she sounds conceited.

• i didn't make him feel bad about it i just walked away

• Either you're a troll, or you're a shitty human being.

If it's the latter, I hope you get kidnapped and your captors defecate in your face.

• Are you serious? you're commending yourself as if you're the beautiful? then why the hell aren't you displaying your "presumably beautiful" face as a profile picture? and why do you think that you deserve to have a man who will respect you?

• because i dont want to in case people who know me use this site also i am in a relationship already. have been for over a year and he actually agrees with me.

• whats that supposed to mean? at least i dont ask stupid questions about guys on here. i meant I've never had trouble keeping guys. i didn't realize it was going to be taken so litereally

• @brutaladvicsir correct me if I'm wrong but your basically saying because she only looked at his looks for the most part she got into an unhealthy relationship thus having trouble staying with him or am I missing something?

• It's a good thing that you are (or you at least think that you are) beautiful because with your shallow attitude, you wouldn't be able to attract anyone. Of course, in a couple years, after your looks diminish and eventually leave, then you're really going to be in trouble. It's hard to fathom how callous you are. That poor bastard worked up the courage to approach you and his reward was you being a bitch and treating him as if he's less than human. The fact that you seem oblivious to having ruined his day and possibly causing him future problems and insecurities is astounding. You just have no empathy at all. I feel sorry for anyone that has the misfortune of crossing paths with you.

• Oh, and I love how you expect others to have the courage of their convictions and stand behind their opinion, but you won't stand behind yours.

• Aww i'm sorry for being antagonistic. We all are, i hope you'll be feeling sick of yourself. Scaredy cat, going anonymous. Thanks for deleting my comment by the way. @scrappygirl

• I'm sorry this was for her but i guess she changed her username

• I fear what I am about to say is going to be misconstrued by the asker and commenters alike.

Firstly, in answer to your question, yes, I have been hit on by women I think are ugly. No, I didn't feel disgusted by them. There is a big difference between not being attracted to someone and being disgusted.

Now, that being said, I understand why women *FEEL* creeped out by an unattractive man hitting on her, and furthermore I believe there are biological differences between men and women that explain why women feel creeped out more than men do by unattractive people hitting on them. Unattractive features are the result of possibly unhelpful genes being expressed. Back in prehistoric times, if she were impregnated by that guy, she would have a genetic bomb which puts her out of action for years that she has to take care of and which has a relatively lower chance of surviving and passing on her genes to future generations. With men it's different. Sperm is cheap, and he's not out of action for years. I believe this is why nature has selected for women to *feel* more creeped out.

Now, I really don't care how people FEEL so much as I care how they ACT. Asker, by all means go ahead and *FEEL* creeped out, but ACT politely about it. By the way, let this question serve as exhibit A that unattractive men are disproportionately more likely to be labeled creeps for those who doubt this to be the case. Any rate, as I was saying, I really don't care how you *FEEL*, but how you *ACT* is something I care very much about. If all you did was politely say no, then I don't have a problem. If on the other hand you were unable to contain your disgust and allowed it to show itself, then I would say you are cruel person.

Try and put yourself in his place, asker, if you can. Suppose (God forbid) someone took a blowtorch to your face. How would you feel if someone treated you as though he was disgusted by you being attracted to him?

• i wasn't rude to him i just walked away

• but i shouldve waited for most helpful cause you actually deserve it

• Just walking away is arguably rude, depending on how you did it. Now, you never answered my question, asker. I'll ask it again. How would you feel if someone treated you as though he was disgusted by you being attracted to him?

Moreover, how would you feel, asker, if you knew you were physically unattractive and you read a question just like the one you posted here?

• U really stepped in a pile of shit by phrasing your question like this. Next time, try not to sound like a uptight, shallow bitch even though u might be one. The sad thing is that u apparently see nothing wrong with what u said. U don't have to marry the guy, just politely decline.

• yeah I've read the question over and i can see how it came off but i mean i basically said it the same way offline and people laughed so i guess people online are different

• Whatever beauty you claim to have is only skin deep. I've been hit on by people I haven't thought were attractive but I didn't think of them with disdain. It took courage to approach me and I was flattered they did. You just need to find a guy who's as small-minded and vain as you and leave real people alone.

• Some people just think your kind hearted but I think your the opposite of kind. You may be hot but that attitude of yours is ugly.

• The irony of an anonymous question that doesn't allow anonymous answers. :-P global3.memecdn.com/the-irony_o_1530103.jpg

• I'd feel flattered and let them down nicely

Why should someone feel like they aren't good enough to ask me out if they find me attractive?

But that's just me

• This is why I'm afraid to talk to girls cause. not only will they reject you they will belittle you and make you feel like less of a person

• i didn't make fun of him this his face

• Yeah cause I didn't think I was on their level and that I could never get a hot girl

• So I have a goal now by talking to you

• I just wanna say that I like chicken... a lot.

that is all

• I can't stand stuck up women like you.

• Wow. Making fun of someone because of their natural looks. If I said you are ugly and nasty, surly you woukdnt get upset right?

• I think you should take it as a complement and stop acting shallow... Everyone looks good in someone's eyes and how you just went about the story you have a ugly look about life its kind of sad

• The only thing bitchier than you is Karma. I want you to remember the face of the guy you rejected today, and someday when you get rejected and you're eating ice cream, whilst watching greys anatomy, you will see how wrong you are.

• yeah but i won't blame a person if there not attracted to me. the people on this site seem to think that people should date everyone even if they aren't attracted to them. guaranteed you wouldn't date a girl your not attracted to.

• You can be not attracted to someone. Just be polite about it. You dont have to dry heave every time an ugly guy talks to you

• i wasn't rude to him to his face i walked away without saying a word I've only said all this stuff behind his back

• Don't get a stuck up head and don't insult people who disagree with you. The very fact that you openly admit that you get disgusted when unattractive people hit on you tells me everything I need to know about your character.

• Would you look at that... another fail troll.

• You are such a troll. really disgusted by an ugly person, really
    many people find contempt to be VERY unattractive
    Come on now

• I've had ugly girls flirt with me a bit, mainly on dating sites, but I just ignore them or let them know I'm not interested.

Your reaction makes you look like a stuck up bitch though. :)

• by the way your update is totally besides the point. I wouldn't date a person I have no physical attraction to, but your statement, unattractive people why do you think you get the chance with attractive people is very vein and conceited. Beauty is also in the eye of the beholder. What's attractive to one may not be attractive to another.

There are also guys who are less attractive than me that have better luck with women than I do. It's all about confidence and finding the right person. You're like one of those hypocrites that only wants confident assertive guys but when a guy asks a girl he likes out and she doesn't find him attractive, there's something wrong with him and he shouldn't ask anyone out. You're part of the problem.

• OMG can you be anymore shallow? You sound stuck up and think the world revolves around you. Guess what not every guy you see is Brad Pitt.

• 0|0
  • I feel more disgusted at you honestly, but the fact that you asked specifically for unattractive people to answer this leads me to believe that you're trolling, so I won't feed you. Carry on.

• seriously why would i troll with my user name? i dont see the point in trolling. i am too old for that kind of nonsense.

• You keep saying the same thing.. it's obvious now.

• whats obvious

• You're one hell of a human being, aren't you?

• I get annoyed not disgusted.. honesrly im more flattered when gay dudes hit on me then ugly bitches.

• Just remember your actions cause one day your looks will fade your weight will increase and someone you worked up the courage to finally talk to will do this exact same thing to you

• This was actually a funny troll.
    Keep it up.

• im not trolling. if i wanted to troll i'd be anonymous. answer the question seriously or dont. your honestly trolling.

• i just dont like how people assume stuff. i have never once trolled in my life. i would put better effort in it if i want to. this would be a poor attempt at it. why would i only let people answer with their user names and why wouldn't i make this anonymous. dont people only troll anonymously?

• never happened... but if in case sth like that happened, i'd try to reject her politely

• well it did happen good thing you were there to experience it

• It's very possible this is not even a troll. A lot of people look down on others.

• i dont see the point in trolling. if i trolled though i wouldn't use my user name for people to attack me in the future it wouldn't make sense

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 36

• you sound hideous. he probably pitied you.

• im actually in a relationship and I've never been dumped and I've had many men.

• i know my life. just because i dont want to go out with someone i am not attracted to that means I've never been dumped? get off your high horse. guaranteed youve never ever gone out with someone you dont find attractive.

• @Asker probably more like many men have had you. Haha!

• Wow, um no I might not feel fully comfortable but disgusted because of his face? Ahh bull get out of here with your shallowness and pure nonsense. That is straight up rude and not nice of you to think that a person with a non attractive face to YOU would make you feel gross. Like girl you have issues or are a major troll either way RUDE!!!

• I'm unblocking you long enough to answer this question. I'm blocking you again after this. This question is exactly what I am talking about. I don't know if you are serious but I'm starting to think you're not. I'm just going by the fact that you were attacking me about MY question, and then post you this. Like I told you before, you need to grow up sweetheart. If this story is true, you need to put yourself in his shoes. He worked up the nerve to talk to you, and you stared at him and walked away.

I don't know if this story is true or not, but you are a bully. You told other commenters that you're too old to troll. Don't you think you're too old to bully?

• guess you haven't blocked me yet since i can downvote but every one agreed your question was stupid. at least i have the guts to post mine with my user name you posted yours anonymously

• @Hopefuldreamer8 just curious about those harassing pms I have called scrappygirl out on her bs a few times wondering if there is anything I should keep an eye out for.

• I love that she disavowed this.

• Wow, you got disgusted over that enough to have the shivers about it all day? Get over yourself. You might be pretty but your attitude about the whole thing isn't.

• I've been hit on by guys I was not attracted to but I just let it go. I don't get disgusted over it unless he's being creepy about it.

• unless there waiting for marriage i dont see a problem with it

• I don't see a problem with waiting for marriage either.

• I think that's really, really fucking heartless. I would only be bothered if the guy said something like "Damn, you sexy, sit on my face" or some other creepy thing like that. But if he called me beautiful, that's a compliment. I wouldn't get bothered by that, if he was hot or not.

I wouldn't date a guy I wasn't attracted to, but I wouldn't be so callous to him either. Taking the courage to ask someone out requires a lot of strength and I don't want to make someone feel bad about it. They have feelings to you know?

It's a good thing you didn't date him. But it wasn't his loss. He deserves to be with someone who'll respect not only him, but others as well. That's my goal with people. Yea, he can respect me, but how he does he treat others? I want both cuz that carries more weight with me.

• Wow. That's shallow and rude. You should have at least politely said no rather than staring at the poor guy and walking away. Even if he is "ugly." Why do looks matter so much? Gosh, that's sad.

• Get. The. Hell. Over. Yourself. The guy is way out of YOUR league if he had the guts to hit on you, and your appearance doesn't mean crap when you have such an ugly heart, which is clearly the case when you write a post like this. Shame on you.

• yeah appearance does matter actually.

• if the people deserved it yeah i did and it was something they said i was attacking them for that is the same exact thing people are doing to me right now for having an opinion. people on here are butt hurt because anyone i told offline about this story laughed about it but people on this site all got on there high horses and got offended. even a girl i hang out with who is overweight and insecure about it laughed when i told her. so people i believe are different online then they are offline

• No one cares anymore. You can scramble to make yourself sound like a better person but only a truly awful person would write a post like you did or even go around telling others how disgusted they were by someone they found unattractive hitting on them. Some of us have a little more class.

• When a man hits on you you do not have to get disgusted because he is not good looking. Everybody can hit on you. any man who sees you alone. If you want to get upset by anyone then it's your own ease of mind that will be sacrificed here.

besides that, when someone hits on you whatever physical appearance he wants to have it means he finds you attractive and when someone finds you attractive you should respect him because he is valuing you and when he verbally calls you beautiful you should respect more because he is putting more effort to express what he thinks about you.

And that doesn't mean you should feel anything for him just respect him. this way you are not giving back what he gave you, and losing your own ease of mind.

• The fact you find him unattractive that's fine it's your opinion. That doesn't mean it's right to be totally grossed out about it he is still another human being. before you get on with everyone is on a high horse. no they aren't. they are just pointing out that you act like a bitch. If anyone is on a high horse it's you by judging people's worth by looks, and relationship status. Thus you probably judge yourself by the same standards if so it shows you see no value in yourself in things other then these. I am not just referring to this post here I am also referring to previous posts you have made.

• @asker Yeah based on the posts I have read I have come to this conclusion about you...

psychcentral.com/.../

• I said that is fine to find someone unattractive and not be particular interested. but most people judge people more then on more then looks. The issue is when you treat them like less of a human because they are unattractive. Which you often do based on the posts I've seen. Also I have talked to hopedreamer and I have seen the post and the comments posted. outside of that the other things I have not seen proof of so I can't really judge outside of that. Based on what I did see though yeah at first the question seemed silly but after she explained it you continued to act like a child and make fun of her as opposed to letting it go or admitting you didn't have all the info.

• how in the hell did you manage to talk to her and yeah i am going to keep ridiculing the question because it was stupid she isn't the only im doing it too and obviously im not the only user who does this since I've had plenty of pms about this question since i posted it but anyway im entitled to my opinion and it doesn't make me a bad person for thinking it your just on your high horse and all butt hurt just like other people who can't take the truth

• Because he's a PERSON LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.
    you're disgusted? How are you above anyone? Just because you're not interested.. You're kinda evil sounding.

• Uhhh you should probably get over yourself. Be glad that your looks aren't based on your personality because I'm sure you'd be hideous.

• And I thought I was a bitch. I'm nice to whoever hits on me unless they're rude. However I'm guessing you're not as pretty as you think you are

• If someone I am not attracted to a guy and he hit on me the most I wld smile and say a no. No need to feel disgusted or be rude.

• And erm make sure u look young or attractive forever. U sound so conceited

• You need to get over yourself. No guy would want to be with someone who has such an ugly personality, i dont care how attractive you think you are. You are no better than that guy, this whole post disgusts me.

• I've been in a relationship with the same guy for over a year and he agrees. he thought it was funny when i told him this story. although he says i am stupid for posting this because he said people won't take it seriously

• Stop judging her
      This awl is over reaction
      Its just her story that wo happened to her and how she felt !

• girl you are so mean, first of all if anyone is ugly then it is you cause you the one judging people based on their looks and it doesn't matter if the person hitting on you is ugly or pretty they are both doing the same thing and i am sure that "unattractive" people got a chance with attractive people cause they are attractive and you are blind goshhh meanie -_-

• I think you are being very unfair. It takes a lot of effort and courage to talk to someone you are crushing on. I have been approached by men that I am not attracted to, but I always give them a chance or if I really don't want to, I let them down nicely and privately. I think you should be more considerate of other people's feelings. Imagine if you approach a really "hot" guy and he calls you a potato? How would you feel? Personally, I would be devastated. You never know who people will become in the future or their connections. You might lose an opportunity, or he might get really hot in the future, but because of your lack of manners you won't be able to approach him. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. For all you know, the most attractive man you will every meet, might be a cold blooded killer, whilst the most "ugly" person you get approached by might have a heart of gold. Please re-organize your priorities. Thanks

• lolol trollllllllin

• You act like a 13 year old - Get over yourself, you are not special. Maybe he though he had a chance, because he didn't consider you, to be that much out of his league..

• That's insulting.

• You sure do think you're mature and wise, don't you? Don't call me honey. You're not clever or funny, so stop trying to be. You can't just think that anyone younger than you is a child. That is truly immature.

• Haha are we getting the a little mad now? If you just real quick scroll through my previous posts, you'll see I never said "everyone younger than me" I just said 13 year olds - That is not the same.
      Im not going to argue with you, or get offensive. You are the same age as my little sister, and this is a stupid discussion, so I don't really take this seriously.

• Well I don't get disgusted when someone I find unattractive just asks for my number, buy I do get really disgusted when I find a guy really unattractive and they act cocky and try to touch me.
    There was this one guy who said he liked me or whatever, but I told him I didn't like him in return (I thought he was extremely unattractive) and he just laughed and kept grabbing me from behind and pulling me by the waist and touching me. The fact that I found him unattractive made me feel all the more disgusted and uncomfortable.

• yeah that happened to my sister once the guy just wouldn't get the hint and then later be complained about how he's a nice guy and nice guys finish last and girls like her wouldn't give him a chance. he got all aggressive with her and yet he's a nice guy?

• Happens to everyone I only get scared when they follow me around i pretty much ignore every male who tries talking to me even the cuties

• I've never really been scared i dont think they would harm me but it does bother me. good to know there are some people on here who understand

• Sounds like that so called ugly person was attracted to your ugly personality.

• This is sad. Not because the person was ugly, but because you were rude about it. Now your personally is tainted which makes you even more ugly then whatever ugly he was in your eyes.

• i wasn't rude to him. i just stared at him and the walked away. i didn't say a word.

• Absolutely not. But this is a relative forum & you question was asked based on a level in which others may relate to you.
      Therefor, on a certain level, the question is asked towards people.

• i suppose so but I've seen questions on here that could offend me but i dont take them to heart i dont see the point in taking the internet to seriously. if someone gets that offended on the internet they shouldn't be using it. just like the girl who blocked me on here she got all butt hurt when i told her that her question was stupid and ridiculous. users on here are calling me a troll for this question and i dont plan to block anyone or get offended over it. people do have different opinions on the internet after all and for the most part people on here dont agree with this question but chances are theyll forget about it. the girl who blocked me can't get over it and neither can certain other people. ill still continue to post here business as usual even after all the hate i got.

• I can't really say ugly since what I find attractive/unnatractive may be different from everyone else's perspective. Yes I've been hit on by a guy that I found un attractive and ignored but that was because of the way he rudely acted. Other than that I did rejected one or two guys but I didn't feel disgusted, if anything I was flatterd and enjoyed the attention, it sucks to feel like your being rejected because of that person not finding you attractive so I understand.

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1086914-question-for-girls-reaction-to-unattractive-guys-not-all-the-time

I understand. And it's not because I think "how dare he think he has a chance with me" - I appreciate the compliment, it's just my body telling me that I am very very not compatible with them, I think.

• well at least you get it

• However you might consider removing the "unattractive people answer this why do you think you get the chance with attractive people?" bit.

• questions can't be edited on here

• I've been in such a situation but I have not rejected the person in anyway. His looks were… very interesting but I refused to be a bitch about it. Instead I actually tried to get to know him, there was no spark at all and he even decided to not like me in that way seeing the results. I understand the person was ugly but they could be very sweet. The non-attractive fellow that liked me was very sweet but there was simply nothing there.

• No. I only get grossed out when strangers say gross things to me. But this is OBVIOUS TROLLING.

• I hope this is just a dumb joke... or someone hacked your account.

• why would it be a joke?

• Folks, I think this proves that beauty is skin deep.

• well honestly when i was telling other people i know offline about it they were laughing but i guess people are different on the internet or maybe its the way i posted it. I've reread this and i can see why people see it as trolling. i should have worded it differently

• HAHAHAHA this is too good!

• Wow. Just wow. Have chance with you? Like you're well above anyone else? Your attitude alone makes you unattractive.

• You're pretty disgusting yourself!

• More from Girls
    6