Do I have a right to be upset that the guy I've been dating for about 7 months says "will you be mad if I spend this weekend alone"?

We've been dating for 7 months and we're pretty much exclusive. I usually see him once a week on Saturday cause he works all week. So this weekend he says "will yoi be mad if i spend this weekend alone"? That really upset me. We barely see eachother and i have to wait another week to see him again. Do i have a right to be upset?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends. If I only see my girl once a week, I probably wouldn't request to not hang out with her unless I was super stressed and just needed a day or two to myself or if there was a family/friend issue I needed to deal with (if this is the case, maybe you guys aren't at that point where he feels like sharing all his feelings). Or it could be an important event he was looking forward to spending with friends or family (like this weekend IS both my dad's birthday and it's superbowl weekend).

If I were you, I wouldn't get mad at him right away. Just talk to him and see what's up. Most guys will just be honest with their girl about the why of it all.

What Guys Said 7

• It makes sense that you would be mad. I think that 2 weeks is a long time and I agree I think I would be mad also if I only saw my girl once a week. But then again coming from a guy sometimes we just need to take some time off and just hang alone like play video games and shoot guns and just have some alone time to think. So I am being impartial to this but that is my opinion.

• I can understand why you feel upset about it, but try to understand why it is that he said that.

Is this the first time that he's done this? If you two have been dating for so long and this is the first time he has said that, he probably has a very good reason.

• No, I do not think you are in the right. You know he's a busy guy, and this is the choice you've made when dating him. If you want to see more of him, you have to actually talk to him about it. If he can't do it, you need to rethink the status of your relationship with him. But its not something I feel like you should be mad about

• Maybe next week you should ask what is wrong in person, and why he didn't want to hang out with you the week before? Maybe you shouldn't be thinking about yourself, and should be thinking about him? Like why he wants to alone? Maybe it's something bad in his personal life he isn't talking you about?

• well yes coz its your emotions but why does he wanna be alone if he only sees you once a week?

• No. He had a life before you came along and you did not supplant it. You do have license to ask why, Maybe he wants to do "guy stuff". Maybe he just wants time to himself.

• Long and short, no, you don't have a right. Grow up, what makes you think you can demand something from other people?

What Girls Said 3

• Hmmm I don't think you should be mad - we all want alone time sometimes - I know it sucks you don't get to see each other often, and you can be disappointed but I wouldn't be mad.

• I don't think so. it's ok to be disappointed, but to be mad cause he needs time to himself is kinda ridiculous he's probably tired. he works all week.

• This. I love seeing my girlfriend but, sometimes, you just want the weekend to yourself. Disappointing? Yeah. A right to be mad? Only when you're 14-years old.

• i don't think you have the right