"If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was." Do you find this saying to be true?

Do you find it true when it comes to dating? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do agree with it. If someone wants to be in your life they will try to make sure it happens. Anyone that doesn't put in that effort isn't worth your time. It isn't a test needed for every relationship, but it is definitely a wake up call for those putting in all the effort of a one - sided relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• No I don't agree. There are many reasons why it's wrong. I'll give you a few. Depending on how you set them free, they may think you don't have an interest in them which can lead to them losing interest. Also a relationship bond can potentially strengthen over time and cause the relationship to thrive which wouldn't have happened with the people apart.

I do see some truth in the statement though. Many people are together because they want to be and most of us are already free to leave. In that way I think it makes sense.

• I had to make a choice regarding that saying once, though whether the actual saying rings true or not is a 50/50 chance.

• A Bullshit quote to make people feel better. Safely ignored.

What Girls Said 3

• iv come across this many times.
    i dont like the idea of setting something i love free, and waiting for fate to decide if it's meant to be or not. i have more of a fighter's attitude. ill fight for something i love and insist that it be a part of my life.
    when it comes to men, i dont express how i feel unless he gives me signs that he does first. while this isn't fighting for him, it also isn't setting him free, in that i may one day have to step out of my comfort zone for someone who i feel is worth that leap of faith.

• I hate that quote.

• Yeah! but not in present scenarios.