If you just met a girl would you feel weird if she called you babe?

like if you haven't kissed or anything. just talked for like a week. and she started calling you babe.

he already started calling me sweetie. is there a difference?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it'd be weird. Especially if there's been no discussion on starting a relationship or even of any mutual interest in each other. Calling me 'babe' makes me think of squeaky little pigs anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• i have a bunch of girl friends who call me babe. it sort of depends on the person, but I don't get freaked out or anything.

• For me, it wouldn't be weird. And for sweetie, I think it's his way of saying the same thing just not too strong.

• Ya, my ex used to call me babe :'(

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know about guys, but for myself if a guy says it to me too early in I get weirded out, like, I'm not your babe, don't call me that.

• My guy friends usually call me ma some of them call me babe. so it doesn't weird me out.

• But its different when a friend calls you that compared to a random. My friends call me that too.

• Yeah I HATE when guys do that to me, who I don't know very well. If we're really good friends, and I like him, I don't mind it, otherwise, save it for when I'm really your "babe"