How do you feel when your boyfriend gets more attention from others?

Me and my boyfriend usually hang out together.
He is above average in looks but has got an amazing body.
He also knows how to dress well. I never had to be his style advisor like in my previous relationship.

Girls , Guys , Young , Old always check him out.
Like the other day at the mall... I saw several girls licking their lips while passing by him. He gets checked out every single time we go out

I hate it when he gets all the attention. It's like I don't even exist.
I love him though.
Girls, you ever been with someone like this? and how did y'all deal with it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait, do you mean that you're mad that other girls look at him, or that you're made because he gets more attention than you?

If it's the former, then I get irritated, since my boyfriend gets looks from girls as well because of his physique. At the same time though they also pay attention to me, who is giving them a long, blank stare to make them feel awkward and back off, haha! I don't like it, but I think it's just human nature to acknowledge when someone is attractive. He does the same every time we go into a store and guys pay attention to me, except he gives a death glare back at them. :)

If it's the latter, then I don't know what to tell you. I mean I'm definitely not jealous of the attention my boyfriend gets. He works hard to maintain a fit body. Being active makes him happy, which makes me happy that he's happy. The attention that comes with being attractive is just a part of it, I don't resent him for it at all. Just like how he doesn't resent me for the attention I attract in different situations.

I think you should be capable of being happy for him, since he probably works hard to maintain his looks as well. Maybe focus your efforts in finding something that makes you feel good about yourself.

What Guys Said 30

• They're licking they're lips because you're with him. Girls always want what they can't have. I don't fucking understand it, its just how they are. Get used to it, or date Zach Galifinakis.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f329c43d27.jpg

• Warning, jealously detected, low self esteem confirmed, insecure relationship status verified.

• My girlfriend loves it. Granted, it's for the most part her friends telling her I'm handsome or that she has a great guy, but she gets a kick out of me getting attention from random females as well. She's not the jealous type, she knows who has my heart.

• Honestly, I see guys check out my girl ALL the time. They always look at her tits. I just smile. I have the satisfaction of knowing that they can look all they want, but she's mine. And I get to touch every inch of her. :)

• That means you've made an excellent choice ain't it?

• It could be your overthinking it.
    Like i always see people staring at me and I guess i look at everyone else.
    Maybe they just look at both of you just to see who is around as they are walking?

• I've had to reject so many girls who offered me money and flashy cars to sleep with them. I'm used to it

• maybe they just had chapped lips u shoulda offered some chapstick

• Yeah it does suck, that happens to me with my girlfriend sometimes everyone's complimenting her and looking at her all the time but remeber doesn't matter how manny girls check him out you're the one he's with at the end of the day, that should help just alittle :D

• I agree! This happens with my boyfriend and I. I have had guys come up to me and ask me out when he is standing right next to me holding my hand. It is like he is invisible!. Last time a guy did that I asked him if he was paying, and then turned to my boyfriend and said great news sweetheart, we having a free night out on the town, so leave your wallet at home. Don't worry about what other people think! He must think that you are something really special if he is going out with you. Focus your attention on him, because I can guarantee that his attention is on you!.

• Shouldn't you be feeling proud of having someone who only others dream of having?

• Most would be jealous considerin most guys would be jealous if their gf of wife got a lot of attention from other guys.

• You have fun with it,

give him some tongue in front of the h*es and b*tches
    they'll look at you in total dominating jealousy...

Some may find it hot. ( you have been warned )

and in the end, you'll both have fun !
    Plan it out with your boo of course, don't just surprise him and do it, unless he's into that sorta thing lmao.

• P. S. I use the two swears in this comment very tightly, seriously. T
      hey rarely are ever used by me,
      ( only intended for fun and not to offend any gentle souls out there. <3 )

xoxoxoxo

• My girlfriend claims that I'm much more attractive than her a lot and that I shouldn't be with her all the time. I don't think about that at all, and even of someone else may think I'm attractive, I'm by her side in the end. Im not really sure your guy has any intentions for stupidness.

• I've only had to deal with this once. I didn't mind it. Actually she got mad that I didn't care.

• You should feel lucky your with him.

• It's okay with me i feel sort upset but i swallow it

• I once had a long distance relationship. She was drop dead gorgeous. I trusted her well enough, but it hurt me a lot because she would tell me that she got asked out at school AT LEAST once a week :(

• Happen to me
    im tall like 6'2
    I get all the attention :)
    people stare at all the time
    like I'm the oly person alive

• It's normal human behaviour to seek primitive cave sex. As long as one provides, the other will follow.

• sometimes my gf try to give me ethical lessons and try to impose her views on me and she acts so weird that I'm like nothing.. i love her though but it really pisses me off..

• Lol its normal some of women actin like a devil they can try every way to reach their tergets so there's the point ur bf's behaviour if he intresting with u enoughly thats not a problem

• You don't trust him. Trust is a very strong factor in relationships. This relationship you have won't go anywhere if you can't accept that he's going to get some attention.

• u jelly?

lol.

• sounds like your out of his league and jealous as fuck, hate girls like you

• you actually saw girls lick their lips while passing by him? YOU'RE SUCH A LIAR!

• It's all good...

• I hate this -.-
    My girlfriend goes through the exact same thing and I'm not saying I'm good looking or popular but I always run into people or someone will say hi that I forgot the name of or a bunch of girls will come up to say hi and try to start a conversation when they can see I'm with my girlfriend. It really gets to me. I've never spoken to her about it, to me their just people, both the boys and girls and I love her and only her regardless.
    And then the whole checking me out thing -.- I've noticed it more now that I'm in a relationship, and it is really annoying. I mean sure it's flattering but I have eyes for only one girl and I am sure as hell that if I can tell their checking me out she can too

Do I talk to her about it? What do I do? Leave it?

• If it seems like your girlfriend gets a bit upset about it, you can make a casual comment regarding it. Next time it happens, when the girls who know you leave, you can pull your girl in, say 'baby, you know I'm only interested in you" in not overly formal tone then give her a kiss on the forehead :)

• @kaylaS91
      Thanks for that, I will most certianly be doing that next time :) Appreciate it :))

• Back then she said me I'm proud to have u when most girls look at me

• think like if ur bf was funny looking

• I didn't know guys had to "dress well"... I thought that was what women did...

What Girls Said 39

• You should take it as a compliment girl, he is getting all that attention and he is with YOU not anyone else. That is saying he has chances with many people but he chose YOU. That makes you even more special.

just don't worry about anyone else and enjoy your time with him.

• Did you let your boyfriend know how it makes you feel?
    It used to be like that with my current boyfriend. We would hang out with some of his friends after class, one of which was a girl I've got to admit was pretty hot, and happened to like him. She was completely shameless, wearing spandex shorts so short they were pretty much booty shorts.

Back then, we had only been together for a month or 2 so I didn't really know what to do. I got upset and kind of left it alone, letting him know how I felt when we left. Now that some time has passed, whenever I see girls playing the same games, I get a bit more feisty. I see them making eyes at him, which is my cue to pull him in for a kiss, put my hand on his inner thigh if we're sitting down, etc.. Gotta lay a claim on my man! :P

But yeah, most importantly let him know how you feel so hopefully he'll be more understanding towards you.

• Style advisor? since when does anyone have the right to tell someone how to dress? lol definitely not you or anyone so i think let guys dress how they want, if they aren't stinky then i think you should be fine with how guys dress and accept them for who they are not how they look. I think it's a bit childish getting worked up over who gets more attention too, i'm pretty sure men will look at you too you just don't know it because your too busy looking at who pays attention to him, so i think don't focus on it and enjoy yourself, it's not about who gets what it's about being a nice person and a good gf.

• I'm not saying everybody but some people dont wanna be embarrassed by their S/O

I'm not going anywhere with some chick dressed in coveralls and rainbow suspenders,

Some guys NEED n appreciate the suggestion, theirs guys who come HERE all the time asking how to attract women, for most, dressing propperly is a good start

• Well i don't like egotistic guys who intentionally want attention like that but her bf just gets women noticing him... i'm an over-weight girl with a baby face and i sitll get noticed by many men, if i dated a guy who got jealous and complained about that every time even when it wasn't something i could help (since clearly nobody can control how others are), then id really get annoyed by them... nvm them by me lol it shows he has trust issues.

• It annoyed me with my ex but he often ignored it. He knew he was good looking though and that just increased his ego to a whole new level (probably why he left). I didn't mind it too much, it made me super happy to be by his side and I wanted to kill any woman who dared try to take him from me. Just appreciate it.

• people always do that to my boyfriend and he will try to get behind me or text me right away and he freaks out it's kind of cute. Then when guys check me out when I'm with him I will just grab him and slowly kiss him then look at the other guy like "do you comprehend that I am not single?"

• I think I understand you, because sometimes I am introverted when I'm around friends that aren't. Maybe it's because he is more social? try to talk and participate in conversations, too. Don't just stay feeling invisible in the background. You are able to change that :)

• On one hand I'd be flattered. Like girls think my bfs hot. Woo-hoo! But on the other hand I'd be like well what if he let's the attention go to his head? Or what if a prettier girl comes along and happens to show interest? So I feel it'd be a gift and a curse.

Buuuuttt, I don't have to worry about that because no one can see my boyfriend. He's invisible :)

• I don't really mind, only do when the line is crossed and they go out of their way to add him on social media, and that is beyond my control. I like knowing i'm dating an attractive person, but if he's not reacting to it then it keeps me more at ease. I know it feeds a persons ego, but aslong as they're not putting other peoples attraction to him, before me then I'm alright.

• I just wanna freakin smack all the girls who like him and smack him upside the head for being so sexy. I know it's stupid and really weird but I do. My bf has a lot of girls (and a few guys) after him, and after a particularly desperate attempt by this one guy, I just told him, "Look baby. You just need to stop being so sexy when I'm not around to beat the shit out of other girls who flirt with u." He laughed at first but gave me this crazy look when he realized I was completely serious.

• Between the two of us, my boyfriend draws more attention. Mostly because he's very popular and has a lot of friends. Almost everywhere we go we run into people he knows. It's annoying but I deal.

I don't like being the center of attention.

• This drives me crazy when I go out with my boyfriend. While that feeling will probably always be there, I just take comfort in knowing that he wants to be with me and not someone else. It's also good if he doesn't notice being checked out by other women, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• I have never been with anyone that has gotten that kind of attention. My boyfriend now tends to draw attention to me. I recently lost a significant amount of weight and yes, he compliments me himself on how good I look, but he also makes it a point to make it known to other people. I think he just does it because he is proud of me and wants to keep encouraging me. He gets attention from strangers, women a lot of times if they are more than just passers by. He has these eyes that just penetrate you they are so blue. He gets compliments on them daily. None of it bothers me.

• Yeah I feel like this pretty much nowadays, I would know some certain girls crushing over my partner or physically lusting over him (my god 😒), it makes me want to bang my head on a wall..

But in all honesty, like who bloody wouldn't, my partners fucking hot lol
    i just tell myself "well his mine and not anyone else's" it just makes me giggle

• My boyfriend to me is my superman, he's not the social standard of attractive but to me he is my own model he says that i dont have to worry about other girls but i do and i think its normal when you love someone to worry tho, but at the same time im happy and proud others notice his attractiveness and i trust him.

• I don't care because I'm pretty quiet anyway

• You are pretty. If you feel he is that hot and handsome, why not working on yourself? Longer hair and a nice dress. Some eyeliner and a pink lipstick. You would get the attention yourself. :-)
    lookbook.nu/.../5054520-Romwe-Peach-Top-With-Peter-Pan-Collar-And-Heart
    This look would suit you.

• Granny on the top, sexy cheerleader on the bottom?

• Yes. Can't touch this on the top... but you really want it on the bottom. :-P

• I feel like I have the hottest bf in the world and HAHA to the jelly bitches.

I also feel like they better not cross any lines because they don't wanna deal with me.

• I haven't had a problem like this to your extent but I have been jealous before. When you see someone staring at him do something so they notice you and that he's off limits. Kiss his cheek, grab his hand, get his attention somehow. But you won't ever be able to stop the intrested glances and niether can he

• I know it's hard to not let it bug you, but I would try to not worry about it if I were you. This guy is attractive, but this guy is yours. You're right beside him while he's getting all this attention, so these girls know that he's yours. You probably get attention from guys like this, and even if you feel like you don't, you may not notice it, but just as those girls know that he's yours, those guys that that you're his. They can all look, but they can't touch.

• Happens all the time.
    I hang more at his place anyway.
    It's not like I'm a wall flower or anything
    It's mostly other guys.
    but they're all older and better educated than I am.
    for now anyway.

• You have a valid concern. I think as long as your guy isn't soaking up the attention and enjoying the other women paying attention to him like that, then it shouldn't be a prob. Address this to him and if he's a good man he will give you regular reassurance until you feel better. Be sure his reassurance isn't just to get more attention ;)

• I find it flattering if anything, people are checking my man out because he's hot! If we're out and some girl starts hitting on him I just step back and watch, I find it hilarious watching him try and politely tell her to fuck off.

• I 'd feel proud for him

• If he truly loves you then you don't have to worry about hose things. Like yes you might get jealous sometimes cause no one likes it when your significant other gets more attention. But if he is the 'one' then he won't bother paying attention to all the other eyes he gets except yours.

• Why did everyone get down votes? :o

• Okay, he's not my boyfriend but I have a friend who I think is very attractive. The other day we were walking around school and I notice girls taking double takes, I get it. But he's only a friend so I can't say...

• Lame u seems jealous because he got more attention then you do. girl grow up it's normal when girls check up guys what do you want? you want them to check you up, it's seems like you're attention sicker here.

• steroid attention whore. hah!

• I wouldn't care if he got a lot of attention from others like I would feel like "haha bitches he's mine" but if he gives them more attention than me is when shit goes down...

• I find it flattering, & happy I'm with someone so charismatic & good with people.

• More from Girls
    9