How to stop overthinking and just trust?

Me and my boyfriend have been datingfor 3months now and sometimes i tend to make a big deal out of the littlest things and overthink way too much.. We got in a argument last night about me overthinking that he was going to cheat on me because im still a virgin and he got upset and told me i need to trust him and stop overthinking.. But how do i stop? Some women do it a lot sometimes so is there anything i can do to not think about it and just trust him? How can people trust someone so easily without the fear of getting hurt?

Most Helpful Guy

• "But how do i stop?"

You don't. You shift your behaviors instead. If you have a fear talk about it calmly and tell him openly that it's an irrational fear and you know it but you still feel it anyway and just want to be comforted. To be honest it goes a long way since everyone has these fears and it's just part of your personality to question the veracity of other's and their intent.

What Guys Said 3

• Just like that!!!
    http://
    media20. giphy. com/media/TY7dLV4kDmZSU/giphy. gif? w=320

• 0|0
  • If you can't bring yourself to do it, you might have some deep seated issues that a therapist could help you with.

Most people can consciously choose to trust someone if they want to. If you can't, there may be other factors at work.

• I think your right. My last relationship messed my trust up between friends and boyfriends to the point where i never let anyone in and tend to push people away. so maybe i do need to talk to a therapist

What Girls Said 2

• You've only been dating three months. You think it's wise to blindly trust this guy? Always keep your eyes open. The main guys insisting you need to trust him can be the main ones who you shouldn't trust. People can turn on you and aren't always who they say they are.

• It's only three months, i think it's normal not to throw all your trust out there so early on.
    Just keep things to yourself though, and don't assume he's doing things. When you get those thoughts, think something else unless you genuinely have reason to assume he's doing something.
    Anyway, so what if somebody cheats, you just walk away and meet somebody better. Can't have fear of it, because anybody can do it and anybody could never do it.