Do girls offer to pay on a first date as a way of testing you to see if you're cheap?

On a lot of my first dates, if the bill was over $20 or more I've had the girl offer to pay half on the first date. I pay regardless just a common courtesy. I don't do it and expect anything out of return but do girls do this on the first date to see if you're a cheap ass?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always did it because I did not want to come across as someone who expects guys to pay for everything. I think girls should pay too. I pay for dates with my bf too. But word of advise girls do like it when they offer to pay on the first date and you pay for it.

What Girls Said 6

• No, I offer because it is fair. I think no less of him for taking me up on it, either. Dating life is expensive.

• I always offer to pay my part because it just seems fair. It's in no way a test or anything like that.

• NO! I offer to pay because that's the right thing to do. It's not a test to see if he's a cheapskate, wow.

• No, I would offer to pay my portion or the whole bill just because I like to take care of my own stuff financially.

• No. I do it because I know I wouldn't be able to afford to pay the full bill so I wouldn't expect him to.

• Never a test, just out of courtesy.

What Guys Said 5

• I hate all these stupid "tests". If a girl offers to pay why can't I just take it at face value :(

If they're testing me by offering to pay their half and I fail their cheap test well that's fine because they've failed my "shallow bitch test" :p

• In this day in age, a lot of girls offer... not as a test but cause they feel like they should.
    A lot of girls feel guilty receiving anything now.

• Then you have those ones that think you're a pushover or super nice if you buy them stuff. Not that I think said girl in the article is.

• i believe the best is to each one to pay their own... fair and square

• It all depends bro. If there is no chemistry there bro and you have no further interest. Split the bill and go your separate ways after. Nah, bro seriously still pay for the date, just be thankful you realized that it wasn't going anywhere before you spent more money!!!

• It is because they are entitled princesses, and it is a test to make sure you are a loser with no self respect who will worship ground she walks on.